2 Stroke 1988 Honda Cr250r

Crank seals are here now. Been sick, hoping I'll feel well enough to work on it more on Sunday. Fork bushings are stuck, have to work on those too! Going to do the crank seals and ride a bit longer. Can't afford top end right now, don't plan on doing much riding with the cr this year anyway

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is it true that 92-01 crankshafts also work fine in the 87-91 engines? I read that on another forum. Apparently they are the same dimensions and weight. From what I hear anyway

I don't have an 88 engine here anymore. I think I have crankshaft for 2000 cr250 somewhere. I can take some measurements, if you would like, but don't count on me digging a shed door out for a few days. first thing would be to check the bearing part numbers.

I don't have an 88 engine here anymore. I think I have crankshaft for 2000 cr250 somewhere. I can take some measurements, if you would like, but don't count on me digging a shed door out for a few days. first thing would be to check the bearing part numbers.

No need, just seeing what my options are if I need it

Well guys. Looking for some inspiration and words of encouragement. Been considering selling my little project here. My friend sold his dirt bike and it got me thinking. I'm thinking now though that I'd miss it. And I'll be letting it go for a good bit less than I have in it. Should I continue on and enjoy this project? I think it'll be worth it in the end. Tough being on a college budget though. What do you guys think? Keep going? Sell the piece of shit? Cheap ass it together? Fuck you? Anything, just talk lol

Well guys. Looking for some inspiration and words of encouragement. Been considering selling my little project here. My friend sold his dirt bike and it got me thinking. I'm thinking now though that I'd miss it. And I'll be letting it go for a good bit less than I have in it. Should I continue on and enjoy this project? I think it'll be worth it in the end. Tough being on a college budget though. What do you guys think? Keep going? Sell the piece of shit? Cheap ass it together? Fuck you? Anything, just talk lol

The value of a solid education out weighs the value of most any bike. If you don't need the money put the project on hold. If you need the money for classes or books sell that sucker and never look back.

If I dig a gear head project, I put it on the back burner until I have cash to fix it. It is getting very hard to find classic any thing these days, everyone is hanging on to them. And if you want one in simi-good condition you might have to pay some big bucks to own it.....