2 Stroke 1988 Honda CR250R

I just picked up a 1988 Honda CR250R and I need a CDI box but the part has been discontinued. Does anybody have one they’d sell or have any helpful advice with what other CDI box would work for it?

Thank you! I saw that one earlier this morning. The one I pulled out looks like this so I was sure if that was right or not?

Attachments

• CA576F07-2DCC-460D-8D90-A68AAC321697.png
    CA576F07-2DCC-460D-8D90-A68AAC321697.png
    265.9 KB · Views: 9

SRAD97750

Staff member
I thought you did not have the CDI?!? Is the bike complete? Do you assume the CDI that was included is bad? Does it connect to the wires? Should be barrel connectors.

That's a Chinese pitbike CDI in that picture. Japanese bikes from the 80s all have CDI's like the ebay Ad.
-BIG DAN:thumb:
Untitled-1.jpg

Yeah I’m assuming it’s the CDI box from what the previous owner told me. The bikes all completely well who knows now haha. That 6 prong in the picture I added is exactly what it looks like. So maybe I’m thinking that somebody just decided to re wire the whole thing using that kind of CDI box?

SRAD97750

Staff member
What is the actual issue you're experiencing? You bought a bike, but it has never ran in your possession? It quit when riding it? Previous owner said the CDI is bad?

I cannot imagine the timing between a 4T engine and a 2T would be similar.
Can you take a picture of this bike? Can you take a picture of the connectors that went to the CDI?

What is the actual issue you're experiencing? You bought a bike, but it has never ran in your possession? It quit when riding it? Previous owner said the CDI is bad?

I cannot imagine the timing between a 4T engine and a 2T would be similar.
Can you take a picture of this bike? Can you take a picture of the connectors that went to the CDI?
I’m guessing he had either an XR250r and didn’t know the difference or he had a Cr with an Xr engine.....
A6A383BD-D050-413F-897B-D35993381A42.jpeg
A 94 XR250 cdi I have here!