2 Stroke 1988 CR250R Wont start / Wet Plug

Ok guys look at this and tell me what you think. Here is a picture of my cam follower, which is located on the bottom part of the spindle cam. I did mention that often the engage/disengagement of engagement bolt felt a bit clunky and seemed like it didn't want to mesh well.
004.JPG

And below is a picture from an ebay listing for an 88-89 powervalve cam follower (another name for spindle cam). Notice how the end looks different? http://www.ebay.com/itm/8889-Honda-...Follower-Rare-discontinued-part-/161397097808
$_57.jpg

But then again looking at the parts diagram (part# 21), the part drawn looks more like my part?
Screen Shot 10-06-14 at 01.01 PM.PNG

:doh:WTF:doh:

oh that ebay picture doesnt look right to me, it looks like pre 87 actually. 22 should go in from the top of the case and be the aligning bushing.

oh that ebay picture doesnt look right to me, it looks like pre 87 actually. 22 should go in from the top of the case and be the aligning bushing.

Yeah I agree. After researching it looks like the ebay dude is wrong. Back to the drawing board :smashpc:

It seems to me that exhaust pressure alone is not enough to open up the valves, which are not binding. So what else is supposed to open up the valves? Looking at this system there is nothing here that opens the valves, only closes them.

yep, like the barrel is down, which is how i recall it too

Well holy shit, this is starting to make sense. Imagine that, the Clymer manual and all parts diagrams have it backwards? Everyone? Damn!

And I have a piece of evidence to support this theory. My original rack could not be installed. It was bent. Like something was pushing on it upwards at the top cutout. The only thing that could have been as far as I can tell, is the spindle cam. And the only way it would be pushed upwards excessively is if the cam spindle was on backwards. Here is my old rack. The bend is slight and hard to see, but big enough to where I could not reinstall it. Luckily eBay cylinder came with a spare. The very top of this shaft was bent slightly to the left.

005.JPG

And excessive upward force like this on the rack would probably bind it, keeping the valves from opening when engagement bolt is engaged!