1974 Suzuki TC125 Coil...is it 6v or 12v

I would go back with 250 smoker. You just have to learn that just because that throttle can twist 3/4 away around... it doesn't have to. Throttle control is key and a 250 smoker will go anywhere you want it to. Cheap to maintain, easy to work on :thumb:

all trails and new would point me to to a kdx 200/220 or an xr250 honda. the honda is a 4 stroke and the kdx is a two stroke. from about 86 on the honda would be highly recommended. any of the water cooled kdx's are likewise really strong. the 95 and newer would be preferable to me on the kdx. but 89 on would work if the price is right. both can go 70 on a dirt road (in other words faster than you need) get good fuel range and be good on slow tight stuff. stay away from the racers right now (like the two stroke 125's or the 250 cr type stuff) if you are trying to conserve the money and focus on riding the trails. both those bikes keep resale good. not so good on the retail but wonderful to ride is a tt250 yamaha, and the dr350 suzuki.

some years better than the others. but they were all probably the best dual sport in their day, when considering the size/class. what year does he have?