160 Miles, Lakes, Lookouts, Luao, & Live Music!

I woke up around 10am after a long night doing a show with the band and decided that I would go on a dual sport ride by myself. So, I packed up and headed out around noon when it was a 107 degrees at my house. About a half hour later and I was up in the hills and the temps were dropping. Once above 5000 ft. it was about 85 with a nice breeze. Perfect for dual sporting.

My first stop was at a beautiful lake at about 5500 ft. elevation. This is always my first stop when I head up that direction.

IMG_3803.jpg

IMG_3811.jpg

IMG_3812.jpg

IMG_3813.jpg

IMG_3814.jpg

IMG_3815.jpg

IMG_3816.jpg

IMG_3817.jpg

I love the moss that grows on the trees at high elevation. Also decided that it was time for the
beer and bowl session to enhance the experience. Man, I love Nor Cal!

IMG_3819.jpg

IMG_3808.jpg

Next up I thought I would explore a little fire road action behind the lake and see where it takes me.
Ended up finding this really well maintained fire Lookout tower.

IMG_3821.jpg

IMG_3822.jpg

IMG_3823.jpg

http://i359.photobucket.com/albums/oo35/yohawn74/IMG_3824.jpg[/IMGT

There is still some snow lingering at about 6300 ft.

[IMG]http://i359.photobucket.com/albums/oo35/yohawn74/IMG_3820.jpg

Part two to follow shortly. More pics are uploading.

Here is some pics of the inside and out of the cool lookout tower I found. I would love to stay at one of these throughout the summer. What a cool job!

IMG_3825.jpg

IMG_3826.jpg

IMG_3827.jpg

IMG_3829.jpg

IMG_3835.jpg

IMG_3832.jpg

IMG_3831.jpg

IMG_3830.jpg

IMG_3836.jpg

IMG_3837.jpg

After the lookout break I went about another 30 miles of twisty fire roads and made my way back to civilization. I was lucky that a friend of mine in another band was playing at a camp site about a mile down the road once I hit the pavement. I stopped by found out it was a Hawaiin Luao. Free grub and beer along with Jello Shots and Jungle Juice. What a way to end my day. I have the best rides!

IMG_3838.jpg

IMG_3847.jpg

IMG_3852.jpg

IMG_3845.jpg

This little guy was given about $40 dollars between a bunch of us adults to eat the pigs eyeball from the roasted pig. He almost horked about five times but was able to keep it down and had a pocket full of cash afterwards. He was pretty proud of himself.

IMG_3842.jpg

This concluded my dual sport ride for the day! 160 miles total and an amazing amount of fun! I love plated dirt bikes!

:rocker: Monster out!

that just looks like a killer ride you have some nice country around you,ther e is no way i would eat eyeballs for 40 bucks maybe for 220 tho, does that kid have a beer in his hand to wash it down looks like butwipper.
great post +1 from me bro.:thumb:

how do i get a job as a lookout, im game!!

that just looks like a killer ride you have some nice country around you,ther e is no way i would eat eyeballs for 40 bucks maybe for 220 tho, does that kid have a beer in his hand to wash it down looks like butwipper.
great post +1 from me bro.:thumb:

how do i get a job as a lookout, im game!!

I think you have to work for the Forest Circus in order to man those towers. I am more interested in purchasing one of the few that are for sale up here. That would be the ultimate. Stay in town all winter and then when the snow melts off, head for the lookout and camp there all summer.

The kid was drinking rootbeer not real beer. :lol:

I like to share! Another cool thing I forgot to mention is that the beer I was drinking is only available in Chico, Ca and cannot be purchased anywhere else. It was made specifically by local request of the thousands of Crystal Wheat fans here in Chico. I think it is awesome that we have our own beer and it is soooo damn tasty. Goes really well with the Grandaddy Purple. :rocker:

I like to share! Another cool thing I forgot to mention is that the beer I was drinking is only available in Chico, Ca and cannot be purchased anywhere else. It was made specifically by local request of the thousands of Crystal Wheat fans here in Chico. I think it is awesome that we have our own beer and it is soooo damn tasty. Goes really well with the Grandaddy Purple. :rocker:

I was so pissed when I found out they were only selling in town. :cry: Guess I'll have buy a bunch next time I am up.
Lots of great lakes up there, some of them make for really awesome swimming. Great dust control for the body :smirk: Great pictures and RR as usual.

Rock, I like your style:ride: That looks like it was a fabulous day of riding! Love those lookout towers. Nice to see one that isnt trashed by punks. I went on a ride once and my friend's bike wouldnt start. So I decided while he stay'd back messin with it I'd go for a ride. I ended up at a tower that wasnt so fancy and looked rickety as hell but I climbed it anyways and sat there for a while.

And those special brews make the trip extra special. Oh, and your 'special" bud too:smirk:

The kid eating the eye ball, well that's just EW!!!!!!!!!

Great RR...thanks for the share!:thumb:

I was really pleased as well to find that tower had not been destroyed by punks. There are a lot of other towers around here that are not in such great shape. It's too bad people need to ruin those things for others. I never could grasp the theory of trashing someone else's property or belonging for fun. What a stupid thought process that is. :bonk:

The kid that ate the eyeball reminded me of myself when I was a kid. Always trying to make money off the adults by performing some stupid feat.:lol: