150 miles, Four Flats, Yet Still a Great Adventure!

I was lucky enough to get to go for my first big ride since I broke my ankle in early August. The plan was to dual sport about 70 miles to meet up my buddy Reuel who was pulling his RV up there to stay for a week or so. About a mile from camp I get my first flat of the day. This was about 5pm so I called it and said I'd fix it in the morning. Reuel put me up for the night and fed me while we watched some dirt bike videos. Then in the morning I had some breakfast and coffee, then fixed the tire.

IMG_4535.jpg

IMG_4536.jpg

So, then I headed out to take pics and to find some easy single track. The area I was riding had not been cleared this last season. Lucky for me my easy trail was clear. I got to ride about 10 miles of super single track. I had a great time and just took it super slow and used the KTMRack theory of never coming out of second gear. It was hero dirt and beautiful fall conditions.

IMG_4542.jpg

IMG_4543.jpg

IMG_4545.jpg

IMG_4546.jpg

IMG_4547.jpg

IMG_4549.jpg

IMG_4550.jpg

IMG_4551.jpg

IMG_4555.jpg

IMG_4557.jpg

IMG_4558.jpg

IMG_4559.jpg

IMG_4561.jpg

IMG_4562.jpg

More to follow.....

Some more hero dirt......

IMG_4573.jpg

IMG_4570.jpg

IMG_4574.jpg

and then there was the second flat of the day. I was still close to my buddies camp so I went back there to fix the tube again. Don't ever use those useless slime patches. They suck balls.

IMG_4576.jpg

At this point I had 70 miles to get home. Got the patch to hold and headed out. Then low and behold it failed again about 10 miles into the trip. I had ride another 15 miles of dirt road to get to the store where I could buy another beefier patch kit.

IMG_4578.jpg

At this point I was extremely frustrated with changing the tube but have gotten very good at it. I have those nice tire spoons.
So I resorted to a little break even though it was crappy at least the mountains were blue.

IMG_4577.jpg

I then got that third tube repair finished and was another 40 miles home. I made about 10 before even the beefier patch gave out. I said screw and rode the next 25 miles home on the highway at about 65 sitting on the back fender.

And this concludes my first real ride since my broken ankle.:wave:

I was worried on the first log crossing but I kicked it's ass and had about 5 or 6 more. One was a weird off camber at a 45 against the trail. I lucked out on that one.:thumb:

I like it, Rock "ADVENTURE" Monster. :lol:
Nice RR and happy to see you are back in the saddle. Me, I am out with a very sore shoulder right now. Hope to be almost 100% by Tday.

Well, That's what I meant. I like all black bikes. Looks great. Road legal? -BIG DAN:thumb:

Yep, my plate is mounted under the fender because that single track likes to rip them off. Went through four last year before I decided to do it that way. Have not lost one in the last year because of it. :ride:

Yep, my plate is mounted under the fender because that single track likes to rip them off. Went through four last year before I decided to do it that way. Have not lost one in the last year because of it. :ride:

i read a tip that says to make a photo copy of your plate and put that on and carry the real one in your backpack/waterpack. if pulled over they shouldnt care as long as you got the real one on you.

i read a tip that says to make a photo copy of your plate and put that on and carry the real one in your backpack/waterpack. if pulled over they shouldnt care as long as you got the real one on you.

I have been pulled over three times and had several cops follow me and not one said anything about the plate location. A park ranger however did not like it and I had to talk him out of a ticket. He was nice enough though after I told him why I had it there and that I mostly ride off road.