250F 13-14 kx250f

Hello I work at a kawi dealer as the parts manager. I had a customer bring in his 13 kx250f motor to our service department yesterday. His oil seal inside his motor on the clutch side was torn. So the motor was not getting enough oil, which caused his exhaust valves to bend which destroyed the motor. He was thinking that it was a defect from the factory since how would that seal get torn when there's nothing that could have torn it from inside the motor. He said he did some research and found out that this was pretty common on the 13-14 kx 250f. I have a 2014 kx 250f and was wondering if anyone out there has heard of this happening. If so I'm going to buy a gasket and take my cover off to check the seal in my motor to make sure is isn't torn.

You may want to check with the service department to see if a service bulletin issued. Kawasaki is real good about this stuff. If there is not one, the service manager can contact the Kawasaki rep and see if anything is in the works. ( FYI: I was a service manager in a large bike shop for many years.)

Paw Paw

Thanks paw paw. I have one of the kawi reps numbers. I just wanted to see if anyone out there has heard of this, so I didn't bother him for nothing.