06/30/10 Barona Motocross Numberplate + Helmet Cam Versions

Its that day of the week so i hit up Barona again. I have to say today was my best day at the track so far... Well every time i go its the best cause im going from knowing nothing to actually jumping stuff and getting better each time i go at this point. My goal for today was to clear the 2nd jump and to do the first step up a lot smoother then i did last week. I conquered both. Then i figured WTF Trav pick up your balls and go for it... so i did and all in all i tried 5 new jumps i never attempted before and on top of it i FINALLY cleared the finish line table top which is the longest jump on the track.

To top of my awesome day Tommy Clowers showed up and was doing some laps. I even got passed by him right before one of the small doubles and we were both in the air at the same time... he was in front of me. I did not upload the shot of that but if you guys really want me too i can. Its just that with the camera mode and only seeing his back plus you cant read his jersey so i didn't think it was worthy of posting that vid. He wasn't doing any tricks or anything but damn is he smooth and a cool rider... unlike some jerks he wasn't acting like he was trying to race everyone.

Anyhow on to the vids... The first is the best Numberplate view that is pointed at me... It was early in the morning and i hadn't even jumped a lot of the jumps that you will see in the 2nd vid... You will also notice at the end i didn't come close to clearing the finish line table top and when i land the camera moves at the joints of the mount. I really need to find a way to stop that from happening cause i like the look. No editing and no music..hope you enjoy and sorry but these are now kinda my blog so i can look back and watch my track riding progression.

Dont forget to click the HD button so you can see it in the HD versions as they are much better.

Thanks... My goal is to make each weeks RR show that i am in fact improving at this stuff.

All i know is PBK better step up his game or else im gonna leave him in the dust :banana:

Hell yea Spangler sounds like fun. There is a mount i was noticing in the videos on the gopro site (but they dont have it for sale) that allows you to mount to the helmet and have the camera pointed at you... that would be a fun view as well.

Hell yea Spangler sounds like fun. There is a mount i was noticing in the videos on the gopro site (but they dont have it for sale) that allows you to mount to the helmet and have the camera pointed at you... that would be a fun view as well.
That would be cool. I was thinking of mounting my camera back wards to film what was going on behind me.

That would be cool. I was thinking of mounting my camera back wards to film what was going on behind me.

thats a good idea... im gonna do that next week.

Also im playing around with doing a Doggy cam ... my inlaws are into the flyball dog races and i could actually make some money recording peoples dogs on a run and burning it to a DVD right there on the spot at the race with a laptop.

Thanks... My goal is to make each weeks RR show that i am in fact improving at this stuff.

All i know is PBK better step up his game or else im gonna leave him in the dust :banana:

You already left me in the dust my freind, track looks like fun i'll have to come down and try riding thaat trake with when i can.

You already left me in the dust my freind, track looks like fun i'll have to come down and try riding thaat trake with when i can.

you got more skill then you think you do PBK... you just need to grab your nuts and go for it.