4 Stroke 05 250sx-f motor build...

Long story short... My buddy blew up his 05' 250f today racing super moto.

I just need to know what the hottest and best parts are so I can rebuild this motor into a fire breathing dragon. He wants all the best parts so where do I start?...
I don't mind doing the work, it comes easy, I'm just not familiar with KTMs at all...
thanks,
M33 :hail:

I would sneak smoker motor in there when he aint looking :smirk:

:picard: Tell me about it. He had a MINT 04 125sx he sold to buy this POS.... now its gonna cost him 2K just to get it running again. 3k for a worked to the tits motor... He thought the thumper would make him faster in supermotard... it just made him more broke.

He actually said he was struggleing to keep up with the other guys...

I don't know if I'd do the big bore, or not. I've heard too many negatives to ever do that my own bike, but if it was a buddies, that you could see first hand without wasting your own squish...:devil: I would think some bigger lobes on those cams, and a high compression piston, with a newly rebuilt head, the bike should scream.:ride:

:picard: Tell me about it. He had a MINT 04 125sx he sold to buy this POS.... now its gonna cost him 2K just to get it running again. 3k for a worked to the tits motor... He thought the thumper would make him faster in supermotard... it just made him more broke.

what the hell did he do? rev it 15k so that all 4 valves dropped?

Why did he want such a small bike for SM?