250F 05 & 08 interchangeable parts?

James

Staff member
What's an easy way to figure out which parts are interchangeable? They main things I'm after are the triple clamps and water pump (cover).

why would you swap the parts? wouldnt the parts on the 08 be better?
and i think that you can check if the part are the same by going to a website that sells oem parts (motorcycle superstore, bike bandit) and checking if they have the same part number

why would you swap the parts? wouldnt the parts on the 08 be better?
and i think that you can check if the part are the same by going to a website that sells oem parts (motorcycle superstore, bike bandit) and checking if they have the same part number
Because he has aftermarket parts on the 05 that are better than both

You could check oem part #'s chances are if they are the same there the aftermarkets will also be compatible

SN: You need to get some color on that baby

Hey James! :poke: The 05 triple clamps will not fit. The aluminum frame has a different steering stop.

Engine plugs will fit, but only up to -10. In 2011 the 250 got F.I. and the big plug is now the same as on the 450 (which is bigger).

Water pump will fit all years.

More questions? :prof:

Are you recovered from the gnarly crash you had? Maybe you have had a few since? Lol...

I cross reference part#s on RM or mospo... especially oem... thats how I found out about OEM yammi brake pads working on the zook...:thumb:

P.S. 3 error reports in a row trying to post this... page didnt sit at all

I use bike bandit when checking compatibility with OEM parts from one model to the next. :thumb: Even purchased parts from them as I got the stuff around here, so just said stuff it I'll get it from someone who gives a shit.

Doesn't it piss you off when you go for a genuine part, order it, wait a week, then told a week more, then told a month because it has to come from Japan = WTF :foul::rant:so told them to stick it and bike bandit came to the rescue, had it in a week and gained credit dollars at the same time.

James

Staff member
Hey James! :poke: The 05 triple clamps will not fit. The aluminum frame has a different steering stop.

Engine plugs will fit, but only up to -10. In 2011 the 250 got F.I. and the big plug is now the same as on the 450 (which is bigger).

Water pump will fit all years.

More questions? :prof:

Are you recovered from the gnarly crash you had? Maybe you have had a few since? Lol...
Thanks D-K :hail:, I assumed as much on the triple clamps, being a new frame and all. (Jos, this is why I didn't just try it :P)

Awesome, was hoping that the water pump would fit. How about the coolant hoses, they look to be the same. :noidea:

Yup I was pretty much recovered from that by last spring. However I did get my other shoulder fixed this winter. This should be an epic year; new bike and the body as close to 100% as its ever been. :lol:

How about you, your leg finally doing better?

I need more info than that, for example the actual error message. Otherwise it's like pissing in the dark............

The only things you need to know about pissing in the dark is
1: dont piss up hill
2: dont drop your wallet or car keys...
that is the opnly info I have about internet websies thing-a-ma-bob... :noidea:

(damn... it happened again :bonk: and I can not tell you what I did! Sorry)

Yup I was pretty much recovered from that by last spring. However I did get my other shoulder fixed this winter. This should be an epic year; new bike and the body as close to 100% as its ever been. :lol:

How about you, your leg finally doing better?
Good to hear, yes 2012 should be epic to say the least. We are a gang of 15 Swedes going to Vegas in May for the SX final! Should be nothing short of total awesomeness.

The leg is good to go. Just have a bit of trouble with running, something is up with the knee. But the actual leg break is healed and all good. Thanks for asking:thumb: