250F 01 wr250f oilfilter cover bolt

so, as most of the people who have dealt with yami's 5 valve know, the lower allen head bolt on the oil filter cover is a problem child.... tonight, I pulled this classic move off with a twist. I broke a tap off in the bore
foul.gif
where I can't get it.
So I'm already fairly convinced the side cover has to come off. is this true? I'm fairly certain to do that I'm going to have to pull the cylinder/head off too correct?
and from my searching, a time sert it the way to go. doesn't nessacarily bug me because I have to replace the basket soon anyway
bonk.gif
Is there a how to with pictures on removing this cover anywhere?
and as far as the time sert goes, when I buy it, I still want to buy it as a 6x1.00 correct? it will drill the hole out and then put a sert in there for that size?

Thanks for any help

:cry:

Yes, you have to pull off the side cover, no you don't have to pull the cylinder/head. You will have to drain your radiator of course, butif I were you, I would get a can of Liquid Wrench, or some Marvel Mystery Oil, and start soaking it right away.:prof:

Dang sean :( ... I just "sean" this...... I dont know about about this specific bike.... Ill ill google the crap out of it when i get some free time :prof:

Up, right case comes off, with water pump, oil cover, etc. No Cylinder removal.
You need to replace the factory threaded hole with a Stainless Steel insert, and cover the bolt in anti-seize each time you put it back in; you should also run a tap inside the hole before you re-insert the cover bolt, to remove the debris that causes the problem in the first place.

http://www.timesert.com/