250 Yz250 won't start

Ill give it a shot later, ive probably picked it up for the day.

Take the whole carb off, remove bowl, remove all the jets. Spray carb cleaner through each jet and every hole you can spray into, then blow it all out with compressed air, reassemble and you're ready to rock.

2 stroke pre mix oil is much better than wd-40 for airfilter oil. Back when my dad was my age (80's) thats all they used.
Really? I never would have thought would work. I knew WD-40 wasn`t ideal for what i was doing, but i figured it was better than running the filter dry. Ill be buying filter oil from now on.

Really? I never would have thought would work. I knew WD-40 wasn`t ideal for what i was doing, but i figured it was better than running the filter dry. Ill be buying filter oil from now on.
As stated, wd-40 isn't oil while pre mix is.

Currently I use red no-toil and clean with gas because I have a 64oz jug of it. When the no toil is gone I will switch to the much tackier maxima, and continue to clean with gas.

Take the whole carb off, remove bowl, remove all the jets. Spray carb cleaner through each jet and every hole you can spray into, then blow it all out with compressed air, reassemble and you're ready to rock.
Thanks, I`ll give it a shot, hopefully itl work!!

As stated, wd-40 isn't oil while pre mix is.

Currently I use red no-toil and clean with gas because I have a 64oz jug of it. When the no toil is gone I will switch to the much tackier maxima, and continue to clean with gas.

+1 on that. This no-toil oil isn't the best but it works. Will be trying a new brand next time.

+1 on that. This no-toil oil isn't the best but it works. Will be trying a new brand next time.
No toil work fine, I have never seen traces of dirt get through, but it just seems thin and breaks down fast compared to actual oil based air filter oils. I am also running a honda oem filter and a no-toil dualstage, both with stock backfire screen.. The no-toil is much nicer

No toil work fine, I have never seen traces of dirt get through, but it just seems thin and breaks down fast compared to actual oil based air filter oils. I am also running a honda oem filter and a no-toil dualstage, both with stock backfire screen.. The no-toil is much nicer

No toil filters are BOMB

I prefer the twin air because the UNI is two pieces and I can get them free because I know the owner (sister worked there for years, in fact when you call, that is her voice on the phone giving you instructions). UNI two piece is just harder to line up than the others.

SRAD97750

Staff member
I think the problem may go a lot deeper than just the carb, the bike is a lot easier to kick now, and i dont know why.
relax, you can't read compression with a kickometer.

Clean the carburetor completely inside and out with CARB CLEANER. You may need to buy a tiny flat blade to get the idle jet out. -BIG DAN:thumb:

relax, you can't read compression with a kickometer.

Clean the carburetor completely inside and out with CARB CLEANER. You may need to buy a tiny flat blade to get the idle jet out. -BIG DAN:thumb:
I hope not. Lol and that's what I'm doing next, I'm going to get deeper than just the bowl cleaning.