250 Yz250 won't start

WD-40 is not an oil, it was designed for water displacement (WD-40). It actually works great as a DEgreaser.

I'd suggest trying the No Toil cleaning/oiling system. :thumb:
Didn't know that, money has been tight so I just used what I had I was told it was just a thin oil. I'll be buying the UNI cleaner soon then.

James

Staff member
Didn't know that, money has been tight so I just used what I had I was told it was just a thin oil. I'll be buying the UNI cleaner soon then.
That's what we're here for. :thumb:

That reminds me, I need to post up some more No Toil 50% off codes. Check back later tonight. :ride:

Ok, I tried kicking the bike over a few times with choke, the brand new plug is bone dry. I'm about to work on removing the carb, and cleaning it.

Ok, I tried kicking the bike over a few times with choke, the brand new plug is bone dry. I'm about to work on removing the carb, and cleaning it.

Is new plug making spark? Is fuel dropping out of the petcock when open? Cloged screen in tank=bone dry...

engine oil is better than WD-40.
If you are in a older vehicle, and you get the distributor wet, you can spray WD-40 in the cap and it should fire right up!

Lean the bike way over and twist the throttle all the way and hold it, then watch under the bike to see if fuel starts to come out of the over flow.

Dumb question, but when you pulled the Air filter out, you did not stick a rag in the air box did you and now it is sucked up in the carb choking it out?

I would check the kill switch.
Sounds like something i would do! :lol: lol But, not in this case.

2 stroke pre mix oil is much better than wd-40 for airfilter oil. Back when my dad was my age (80's) thats all they used.