What did you do to your car/truck today?

The explorer was just a side gig, I'm a truck man for life lol... Yeah, i'm sure my truck weighs like 400lbs less lol.
Ok....you might have me there.....probably only have a couple hundred pounds of dirt in mine, course that's off set by the many pounds of metal rusting off the bed, I can almost track the trail of rust to see where I've been.

No rust here! I hope :/ lol..... I had spare tires for trailers i don't even tow anymore lol..All the windows needed to be scrubbed. Bedliner was matted with old oils and transmission fluid.Also found some good shirts and towels behind the seats that i've been looking for lol

No rust here! I hope :/ lol..... I had spare tires for trailers i don't even tow anymore lol..All the windows needed to be scrubbed. Bedliner was matted with old oils and transmission fluid.Also found some good shirts and towels behind the seats that i've been looking for lol
Never called myself a ford guy.....but have admit they build one helluva truck, mines ugly,beaten,abused,and tired....but the damn thing starts up and gets me there every time.

Never called myself a ford guy.....but have admit they build one helluva truck, mines ugly,beaten,abused,and tired....but the damn thing starts up and gets me there every time.
Same here...I've always basically had a f150....I run them harder than they should be ran. But they always do it.I do double maintenance also.I love my f150, Its a v6 too :)

Same here...I've always basically had a f150....I run them harder than they should be ran. But they always do it.I do double maintenance also.I love my f150, Its a v6 too :)
Everything in this world does even out....your double maintenance makes up for my non maintenance....course it's not a daily driver , now relegated to weekend warrior duties and the occasional dump run, or fishing trip.

I'm a Ford whore, but at the end of the day I think people should just pick the one they like, run it and just enjoy your truck., all you get when you trade one in is another set of problems.

If you think it is so easy to take care of them. Come to CNY and you will say otherwise. Up here we have this thing called snow. The towns and state plow trucks put this whitish brown stuff on the road. It is called salt. Go ahead see how far you get trying to maintain the looks and usefulness of your ride. :prof:
It can still be prevented if you dont mind painting your entire chassis every year . My ranger has zero rust and i've drove it for 3 winters in ohio now.

I bought a 1983 C20 with a 6.2 diesel and 4 speed - sm465.

Love it so far! It's in great condition for its age too, garage kept most it's life.
nice truck Riley

Ooohhhh.... Is that the seat covers from JC Whitney? I had an exact one in my 57 chevy step side, they have those cool pockets sewn into the front.

I'm not sure where the PO got them, but I do like it! It does have the pockets sewn in. Pretty sweet!

Dude :shocked: If you get rid of this one.... Its over. She bad!!

:lol: I won't for now! I just want to fix this no-4x4 problem. I want to find a cheap shortbed 4x4 to swap the engine and transmission into after I get to my duty station. The K10 I looked at was a badass deal for $900 but it needed a few things to pass inspection and that would have required some junkyard searching, and I ain't got my tools here. The 350 and 700r4 were rebuilt and solid and the 4x4 worked well... Brand new 33s too. That was so hard top pass up. I only hope I can find a deal like that when I have the time to start a project

Update report on my truck.......................

Got home from work Friday around 4:00, parked it, turned it off, locked her up and there it sat until this morning when I got in, fired her up and drove to work...

True Story... carry on!!!