What did you do to your car/truck today?

replaced a throttle body electrical plug on a GMC 8.1 on the side of the interstate, when I picked up the new plug for $135 from GM I commented that this shouldn't really be a part you should have to replace, he just sat there like the dumb parts boy he is, probably still trying to figure out what I meant.

That's why I have a throttle cable on my truck.

That's why I have a throttle cable on my truck.
it didn't really dawn on him that cables did a fine job of opening throttle bodies and what not for a very long time. all the manufacturers are doing it, putting electronics where they're not really needed IMO

Speaking of such, might you have any idea why the cruise would work in colder weather but not hot weather on an 04 F150? I asked the ford forum, but they've all got adhd and are still debating on whether or not its an 04 (I can assure you it is, how you might ask? a master magician never reveals his secrets)

it didn't really dawn on him that cables did a fine job of opening throttle bodies and what not for a very long time. all the manufacturers are doing it, putting electronics where they're not really needed IMO

Speaking of such, might you have any idea why the cruise would work in colder weather but not hot weather on an 04 F150? I asked the ford forum, but they've all got adhd and are still debating on whether or not its an 04 (I can assure you it is, how you might ask? a master magician never reveals his secrets)

The first thing I look for on intermittent problems with anything electrical is wiring issues, loose grounds, does it look like any body work ever done, if so I look closely in the repair area. After that I would look closely at the brake switch. By the way.....how hot is hot and how cold is cold? Also does it not work at all or does it work improperly?....I will see if I can find anything with the resources I have at work (IATN and identifix) by the way, tell your buddy's at the ford forum that the tenth digit of you vin is a 4.

The first thing I look for on intermittent problems with anything electrical is wiring issues, loose grounds, does it look like any body work ever done, if so I look closely in the repair area. After that I would look closely at the brake switch. By the way.....how hot is hot and how cold is cold? Also does it not work at all or does it work improperly?....I will see if I can find anything with the resources I have at work (IATN and identifix) by the way, tell your buddy's at the ford forum that the tenth digit of you vin is a 4.
Cold as in cooler evenings, under or around 60.

It works properly, when it works.

Not sure I'd call the adhd special kids my buddies, I think I'll let them make a 100 page thread out of what year the truck is and never actually answer the question.

Cold as in cooler evenings, under or around 60.

It works properly, when it works.

Not sure I'd call the adhd special kids my buddies, I think I'll let them make a 100 page thread out of what year the truck is and never actually answer the question.

60????? Holy crap, that a nice summer day for me, but I'll check around for ya,, I havnt seen a problem exactly like that before

60????? Holy crap, that a nice summer day for me, but I'll check around for ya,, I havnt seen a problem exactly like that before
I figured 2 guys, one who can see russia from there house and the other mexico, might have differing ideas of cooler weather.

I appreciate it, I've found a few things that says Ford recalled them for cruise control issues, and a few that say it was fixed in production by 04.