What did you do to your car/truck today?

You want to see a ford with no rust. My dad's 97 350 7.3l. Not even a spot of surface rust.

View attachment 25107
impossibru.jpeg

no maf on this one. it uses map instead, on the tps back probe the tps with a volt meter on the signal wire( i thing the middle one?), it should be between maybe .5 to 1.2 volts, but it should never waver, not even .1 volts when at idle, these sensors are notorius for going bad, wiggle the connector there while watching the voltage if it changes, change the sensor, now on to the iac, if its unplugged and you still have a high idle, it may mean that the iac itself is always alowing air to bypass the throttle blade, or there is a vacuum leak somewhere, i would pull the iac and see if it looks like its retracted at all, just some things to go on for now. by the way. on your scan tool, can you view scan data? if so what are the iac counts when this is occuring?
Did not back probe the tps, however seeing its a new one and it makes no change when i unplug it leads me to believe its not causing this.

However, I ran propane over all of the lines and any sealing surfaces on the intake and noticed no jump in idle. Because i do not have access to a tool that does the IAC readings I bought a New IAC (against better judgement, but i figured i could return it anyways). Removed old one, cleaned out throttle body (even though it was new anyways) where the pintle sits with a q tip. Also put my finger in there to feel for any burrs and it was smooth. Installed new one with new o ring. Started it up and no change.

At this point it looks like i will be putting the stock Throttle body back on as the issue only started after i changed it

You mean your Mazda?

This is a ford truck.

View attachment 25138
I love fords, at least obs and super dutys. However unless you fork out 10k for a 200k+ truck, your gonna get a rusty piece of shit. I've helped pull nurmous beds off of f250s that folded like a taco when we tried to lift them. And the one obs i owned i had to sell because the cab would hit you in the head from the floors completely rusting away from the cab, and there was a 12" chunk of the frame that rusted off.

I also pretty much like certain years of every make, i was just saying that in my own opinion i own the last "real" half-ton they made, as shitty as my particular one may be.

I love fords, at least obs and super dutys. However unless you fork out 10k for a 200k+ truck, your gonna get a rusty piece of shit. I've helped pull nurmous beds off of f250s that folded like a taco when we tried to lift them. And the one obs i owned i had to sell because the cab would hit you in the head from the floors completely rusting away from the cab, and there was a 12" chunk of the frame that rusted off.

I also pretty much like certain years of every make, i was just saying that in my own opinion i own the last "real" half-ton they made, as shitty as my particular one may be.

Just busting your chops kid!