What did you do to your bike today?

Swap it for a 125. You won't beat the fun factor or experience earned. I will put $100 on that bet.

I'd have to agree. I have, errrr, had (Blew the tranny, easy Mike, on it) a blast on the old 125 camping next to little tracks. Working on entry points, and getting as low as you can go. Braaapppp!

All this talk got me shopping. :devil:

scotts.jpg

It is and it isn't. As far as I'm concerned it's a safety item. I don't like seeing anyone swap out at speed.
Ride a CR500 wide open in the dez without one and get into a tank slapper..:wow: Been there, more than once. Snapped a steering stop off without crashing... Both #5 and 300 do not have stabilizers. #5jr does, I need to get ones for the others. Do have a rekluse on the 300, but it is my goat, so it works there.

So far I love the rekluse for what I use it for. If I needed to overgear any bike I would consider it. I am not sure that I would use the one I have on my yz250 (for racing), probably use the zstart pro for reliability. but just like anything else that keeps you riding longer, faster and safer: the stabilizers are here to stay so I think it makes sense. Oddly though my cr500's have never had one.

Last edited:
Ride a CR500 wide open in the dez without one and get into a tank slapper..:wow: Been there, more than once. Snapped a steering stop off without crashing... Both #5 and 300 do not have stabilizers. #5jr does, I need to get ones for the others. Do have a rekluse on the 300, but it is my goat, so it works there.

I would....
High speeds like that I would say yes to the damper for sure. And believe it or not the ol'zook has a mount for one. :devil:

I don't have any pictures of it, but I did find it totally hilarious.
On sunday I had just passed another dude in pro in the most gnarly rock garden of the season, doing so by taking a different line, well I caught a rock that changed my path and I lightly hit a tree and stalled, as I proceeded to murmur "well fuck" he rear ended me and in this long drawn out tone "dammmnnnn itttt"