Thought for the day

I do like my long handle 3/8 flex-head Craftsman ratchet. It's very comfy.
I do think Snap-On is way over-priced, but I like their quality. I dont mind spending the money though on certain items, like ratchets, where you need a high quality.
But on the other hand I have a set of Husky wrenches that has been serving me quite well for many years, and my IR231 1/2" impact has been amazing for the last 20+, never been rebuilt either. It's like the energizer rabbit, just keeps going and going and going...
But some things just need to be high quality; after stripping out who knows how many allen drive sockets, I finally threw down for the Snappy set, and haven't stripped one since.
At the end of the day I got a little bit of everything in there, even Harbor Freight. Their 1/2" drive impact sockets cant be beat.

Attachments

• 100_2674.JPG
    100_2674.JPG
    306.5 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
At one time craftsman warranty made it worth it, but I found that they would not warranty a torque wrench I had bought for roadside calls (don't want the expensive shit in the truck) that broke after 3 months.
Home Depot's Husky warranty is better, I break it, I walk in, they tell me to take another one

I have seen lots of changes, and kind of affected a few of those supply changes since I got here in 1974. In anchorage you have better luck finding most things mechanical than you will in a town of similar size anywhere else. Fresno, Bakersfield, even places like Grand Junction Colorado and ANYWHERE in Nevada, you can get it here and off the shelf easier. Kenai LOL might was well be the moon just 3 hours drive away

14569789_10209897017798409_300312227_n.png