Thought for the day

Da man.....you know he visited anchorage once.

View attachment 27935
The charge was drunk driving, of course nobody was arrested for drunk driving here then, but when the officer realized who he had, he hauled him in probably to make a name for himself, it didn't work, I dont know who the guy was.

My senior year of college he came to a qualifier at Santa Maria. He was riding around the perimeter of the track with his son on a yamaha 80. those little ones that weighed a ton. fouled a plug right near me, one of our bunch walked over with a plug wrench and gave it to him. plug was sand 'whiskered'. i took over another and got a greeting i didnt expect: "you are a long ways from Coalinga, aren't you?" I told him I was a senior at Cal Poly and he reminded me that the last time he saw me he was borrowing a spark plug too. That was almost 3 years and I about choked. It really impressed my roommate who had taken the wrench over to him.

My hometown (coalinga calif) had some great riding and this one fairly long hill that was simply known by many in the valley and beyond as "motorcycle hill". we had one not to far from it called "Dodge hill" . the word from the 30's was that the first four wheeled rig up "dodge" was a Dodge made vehicle. The first vehicle up "motorcycle hill" was a two wheeled bike and likely an Indian. One of the best known motorcycle racers from the United States was a man called "Sprouts" Elder. Called Fresno home and frequented motorcycle hill way back. the area was a popular one for the likes of Lee Marvin and crew, and most anyone that wanted to see something north of the Mojave Desert.

Da man.....you know he visited anchorage once.

View attachment 27935
The charge was drunk driving, of course nobody was arrested for drunk driving here then, but when the officer realized who he had, he hauled him in probably to make a name for himself, it didn't work, I dont know who the guy was.

We all realize now how stupid it is to drive drunk. I just remember being on northern lights blvd (1976) in a confused state and having this policeman pull up next to me and stare at me. i stared at him. the light changed to green. finally he pointed up at the light and he drove on.

My senior year of college he came to a qualifier at Santa Maria. He was riding around the perimeter of the track with his son on a yamaha 80. those little ones that weighed a ton. fouled a plug right near me, one of our bunch walked over with a plug wrench and gave it to him. plug was sand 'whiskered'. i took over another and got a greeting i didnt expect: "you are a long ways from Coalinga, aren't you?" I told him I was a senior at Cal Poly and he reminded me that the last time he saw me he was borrowing a spark plug too. That was almost 3 years and I about choked. It really impressed my roommate who had taken the wrench over to him.

My hometown (coalinga calif) had some great riding and this one fairly long hill that was simply known by many in the valley and beyond as "motorcycle hill". we had one not to far from it called "Dodge hill" . the word from the 30's was that the first four wheeled rig up "dodge" was a Dodge made vehicle. The first vehicle up "motorcycle hill" was a two wheeled bike and likely an Indian. One of the best known motorcycle racers from the United States was a man called "Sprouts" Elder. Called Fresno home and frequented motorcycle hill way back. the area was a popular one for the likes of Lee Marvin and crew, and most anyone that wanted to see something north of the Mojave Desert.

That's a great story!!!
Gonna send it to my kid. He's a McQueen guy.