The Guns Thread

I'm pretty much talking to myself in this thread, but anyways, here's a video. :smirk:

I gave Buck a shoutout because I told him I was gunna make a bump fire video.:thumb:

I tried to bump fire from the shoulder too, but I need a little more practice.

cause its inaccurate as all hell. i can understand doing some trick shots for fun but this just seems like a waste of ammo to me. if thats whats fun to you i understand.

You must not appreciate high rates of fire. I fackin' love it! Yes, it is inaccurate, but that aint what I'm going for. Sometimes it's invigorating to blast out 30 rounds in just a few seconds. It's actually not THAT inaccurate if you have a good sense of hip firing (you can also do it from the shoulder which is more accurate, but it's harder too). You can see that I'm hitting that general direction of hay bales, with a few strays. :smirk:

But honestly, how many machine guns fire "accurately"? My guess is not too many, except for the heavier guns that can compensate the recoil.

you would never be doing that in a real life situation anyway. its all about the burst fire.

I dunno about that. :prof:
59427.jpg

What if I need to pick off a horde of zombies? :smirk: Since I aint old enough to get a Class III to own a full auto gun, bump firing will have to do.

I dunno about that. :prof:
59427.jpg

What if I need to pick off a herd of zombies? :smirk: Since I aint old enough to get a Class III to own a full auto gun, bump firing will have to do.

i bet he is burst firing with that while standing up. this shit ant the movies.

and if a zombie invasion hits you can bump fire all your ammo away while i pluck em off 1 by 1 with headshots :smirk:

and if a zombie invasion hits you can bump fire all your ammo away while i pluck em off 1 by 1 with headshots :smirk:

Here ya go. No Hollywood here.

And here's a bump fire video from the shoulder, and from a pro. See, not very inaccurate.

first vid is not bump firing is it ? and pretty much burst firing as well.

and also thats not a real life application... hes playing around on a range :picard:

James

Staff member
Since I aint old enough to get a Class III to own a full auto gun, bump firing will have to do.
You don't need a Class 3 to own a NFA gun, the Class 3 is for FFL dealers that want to sell or deal NFA (National Firearms Act) firearms.

:thumb: In a real world situation you aren't going to be bump firing. Riley go move those bails out 30-50 yards and try it again. :smirk:

You have to remember what the purpose of M249 SAW is, they are the Squad Automatic Weapon, accuracy is lost for an increase in the rate of fire. If you didn't also have riflemen in your squad, the M249 wouldn't be as effective.

first vid is not bump firing is it ? and pretty much burst firing as well.

and also thats not a real life application... hes playing around on a range :picard:

Nope, not bump firing. But that's the closest to auto as I can get. And burst fire is usually 2-3 rounds. He's doing a bit more that that. Just like I am in the bump fire video.

And I'm just playing around too.

You don't need a Class 3 to own a NFA gun, the Class 3 is for FFL dealers that want to sell or deal NFA (National Firearms Act) firearms.

Oops, don't know how I got that misinformed. So how do you get an auto gun?

:thumb: In a real world situation you aren't going to be bump firing. Riley go move those bails out 30-50 yards and try it again. :smirk:

I know that James. I was just out having some fun, now quit busting my balls. Bump firing is just a cool little trick that's fun to do. I wasn't being serious about using it in a real life situation. I said I'd use it for a horde of zombies, which I was just joking.

You have to remember what the purpose of M249 SAW is, they are the Squad Automatic Weapon, accuracy is lost for an increase in the rate of fire. If you didn't also have riflemen in your squad, the M249 wouldn't be as effective.

I know, I know. :blah:
I was just comparing that to bump firing, since it's inaccurate, fired from the hip(in the video), and full auto. So it's almost the same idea.