The Guns Thread

Props to Smith and Wesson and Ruger!

I had problems with a S&W model 22S semi-auto .22 cal target grade pistol with mis-feeds. I made a call, and they sent me a Fed-Ex shipping label. They fixed it for free and sent it back to me at no charge with an extra magazine!

My older S&W model 586 .357 Magnum had the thumb release on the cylinder crack and fall off. I got a new one in the mail!

Ruger is just as good! I have a 10/22 that I just shot the living shit out of, literally, 10's of thousands of rounds through high cap mags and 50 round barrels, and it began to mis-feed. I wore 2 barrels out on this thing, and they fixed the receiver with new parts for free!

I will buy more of their products in the future! I have a CWP, and am considering Ruger's "The Judge" wheel gun as my choice over the .380 spit-ball shooter that I carry now. :thumb:

Why can't motorcycle manufacturers do this! :smirk:

Very cool! That's an awesome deal.

I've been craving a 1911 platform pistol. Those Taurus PT1911's look pretty nice, and so do the Springfield 1911's. And as for Colt, Kimber, and S&W...they are way out of my price range!

Since this year is the 100th anniversary of the 1911, yall should watch this video. :thumb:

I love the legendary 1911!

Very cool! That's an awesome deal.

I've been craving a 1911 platform pistol. Those Taurus PT1911's look pretty nice, and so do the Springfield 1911's. And as for Colt, Kimber, and S&W...they are way out of my price range!

Since this year is the 100th anniversary of the 1911, yall should watch this video. :thumb:

I love the legendary 1911!

I can't say I like your post! Call me a purist, but I take every shot like it's my first aimed! I can't say I saw good technique! or good follow up! or good form! This is important if you are going to burn good ammo and be happy about it afterward!

Train yourself with good technique! It's about body movement and situation. Not standing and shooting stationary and shooting at a stationary target. Make a game of that!

Take a CWP course, get licensed to carry, and PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!

Other than shooting off a bunch of rounds, what was your point?

(Disclaimer: Shooting is fun, never mind, you had fun!)

And I'd like you on my team of humans if we ever had to shoot a lot of zombies in the head! :lol:

I can't say I like your post! Call me a purist, but I take every shot like it's my first aimed! I can't say I saw good technique! or good follow up! or good form! This is important if you are going to burn good ammo and be happy about it afterward!

Drop the Hollywood two fisted blasting, the Negro side shooting, and get real with putting dots on targets!

Train yourself with good technique! It's about body movement and situation. Not standing and shooting stationary and shooting at a stationary target. Make a game of that!

Take a CWP course, get licensed to carry, and PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!

Other than shooting off a bunch of rounds, what was your point?

(Disclaimer: Shooting is fun, never mind, you had fun!)

:lol: That was not me Buck! That's some guy I subscribe to on YouTube. He's a very smart kid. I saw nothing wrong with the shooting, it looked fun to me! Shooting for accuracy is fun for a while, but sometimes you gotta have fun! If he sat there and aimed up and slowly took shots, that video would be boring as hell. :smirk:

James

Staff member
:lol: That was not me Buck! That's some guy I subscribe to on YouTube. He's a very smart kid. I saw nothing wrong with the shooting, it looked fun to me! Shooting for accuracy is fun for a while, but sometimes you gotta have fun! If he sat there and aimed up and slowly took shots, that video would be boring as hell. :smirk:
Who said you have to sit and slowly shoot to practice accuracy? :P

[video=google;-4584332856867071363]http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4584332856867071363#[/media]

I haven't been to the range in awhile, but when I do practice it's a lot of double/triple taps. Unlike in the movies it takes more then one hit to drop a BG, which is why my goal is to get 2-3 shots (in rapid session) on the target ASAP.

I'm pretty sure that that wasn't 757 in the video, he just got it off of Youtube.

Are you referring to dual wielding/2 pistols at once or holding your pistol with both hands?

Yeah, I am James! Hollywood makes shooting look so easy! It Isn't! It's hard as hell and takes practice to be even "OK" at it!

Ever take your Glock and try to put 3 in a pie plate at 25 FEET while moving right to left 10 yards?

I reload my own ammo, so it's affordable for me to shoot a lot! Riding is a lot like shooting! It takes a lot of practice and spills to be good at it!

I do my personal best shooting a S&W .357 Mag loaded with .38 specials! The Mags are just too much! I can punch the pie plate 3 times running in that 30 feet!

Your range rovers outta try my style of shooting! Real-er world shooting!

James! Why doesn't this post appear on "What's New" ???? It is something new on this post? Huh? Just curious!

James

Staff member
Yeah, I am James! Hollywood makes shooting look so easy! It Isn't! It's hard as hell and takes practice to be even "OK" at it!
You didn't answer my question, there's an "or" in there. (see below)
Are you referring to dual wielding/2 pistols at once or holding your (single) pistol with both hands?

Ever take your Glock and try to put 3 in a pie plate at 25 FEET while moving right to left 10 yards?
Yes I have, well not a pie plate but something similar and yes it does take some practice to be accurate while moving. :thumb:
James! Why doesn't this post appear on "What's New" ???? It is something new on this post? Huh? Just curious!
:noidea: Worked for me, that's how I saw that you'd replied.

i dont know every gun we have .... but we have a 9 mm, .22, 45, 30 odd 6, sks, and the others i dont remember most of them are hunting with scopes on them cuz they got passed down to us through my great uncle that died so yeah

Who said you have to sit and slowly shoot to practice accuracy? :P

[video=google;-4584332856867071363]http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4584332856867071363#[/media]

I haven't been to the range in awhile, but when I do practice it's a lot of double/triple taps. Unlike in the movies it takes more then one hit to drop a BG, which is why my goal is to get 2-3 shots (in rapid session) on the target ASAP.

Wow! That was really impressive and interesting. Too bad not all "accuarcy" videos are like that. :smirk: That's why I tend to like to watch people destroy things with lead! :P

I really want a hand gun. My next gun will be a handgun or an AK-74 or 47. The handguns I want are the PT1911, PT101, Springfield 1911, and H&K USP 45 being the last choice! I mainly want a 1911 platform gun. I like the large frame and all metal. Keep that plastic crap (Glock) away from me! :P

James

Staff member
Wow! That was really impressive and interesting. Too bad not all "accuarcy" videos are like that. :smirk: That's why I tend to like to watch people destroy things with lead! :P

I really want a hand gun. My next gun will be a handgun or an AK-74 or 47. The handguns I want are the PT1911, PT101, Springfield 1911, and H&K USP 45 being the last choice! I mainly want a 1911 platform gun. I like the large frame and all metal. Keep that plastic crap (Glock) away from me! :P
At least I can depend on my plastic POS firing when needed. :smirk: So far I've probably put close to 1k rounds through and haven't had a misfire/jam yet. :rocker:

:prof: Don't hate until you've tried it. :P

At least I can depend on my plastic POS firing when needed. :smirk: So far I've probably put close to 1k rounds through and haven't had a misfire/jam yet. :rocker:

:prof: Don't hate until you've tried it. :P

:lol: I know, I know. :naughty:

I just hate the look of those plastic guns!