Random Dirt Bike Riding Videos/Pictures

This comment pretty much summed up my thoughts on that:

"Obviously the phrase "Turn around, don't drown" hasn't made it up that way... or you chose to ignore it. Either way, the Darwin Awards were invented for behavior like this."

:bonk:
Crossing a stream is one thing, but that? Really?
I think of my self as a decent stream rider.....but there's no way I woulda tried that..... Nuckin futz

BTW forgot to mention, the crash at 3:10, the rider on the Honda is @TeamIdeal 's son. Managed to punch a hole in his front brake reservoir and completely pull out (strip) a couple of the fork guard bolts. :(
he never told me he drilled the bike that hard! he acted like it just glanced off but that could have been so much worse for Derrick anyway. Jacob (the kid that wadded) broke his wrist in that get off.

Last edited:

James

Staff member
he never told me he drilled the bike that hard! he acted like it just glanced off but that could have been so much worse for Derrick anyway. Jacob (the kid that wadded) broke his wrist in that get off.
Yeah that could've been much worse.

Do you know, was Jacob knocked out during that? While going through it frame-by-frame it looked like he went limp. :(

Yeah that could've been much worse.

Do you know, was Jacob knocked out during that? While going through it frame-by-frame it looked like he went limp. :(

I'm not sure, Derrick just told me about his wrist, after talking with him. he never told him he was but...I went threw the vid more than a couple times looking at the contact but I never really checked Jacob out, guess I will have to go back and look for that.

James

Staff member
I'm not sure, Derrick just told me about his wrist, after talking with him. he never told him he was but...I went threw the vid more than a couple times looking at the contact but I never really checked Jacob out, guess I will have to go back and look for that.
After the first impact he seems to go limp and then his head moves VERY violently.

After the first impact he seems to go limp and then his head moves VERY violently.
yep just watched it again, he goes pretty rag doll. I didn't realize how close Cody came to running him over either. as bad as a broken wrist is it was real close to being a lot worse.

James

Staff member
yep just watched it again, he goes pretty rag doll. I didn't realize how close Cody came to running him over either. as bad as a broken wrist is it was real close to being a lot worse.
I think I need to make a slo-mo out of that...maybe also add in a couple others...

BTW who is that kid?

Jacob Smothers, kid used to rail on small bikes then they disappeared for a good while. I still don't see them around much but every once in a while they show up. I thought maybe they were going to get back into it since they were at the LLQ but??? I don't really know them, just more know of them. I guess Derrick must talk to Jacob every once in a while though.