New to this forum! Templeton, CA

Hi Jason here! New to the forum and excited to learn and 'talk' to all of ya'll. I live on the Central Coast of CA and ride a 1995 KX 250 2stroke. I ride Pismo Dunes, our local forest (Pozo), Hollister hills, and the Mojave desert a couple of times a year. Looking to upgrade to a 4stroke and will be soliciting advise as to what sort size and brand used bike I should look for...

Thanks for having me!

Hi Jason here! New to the forum and excited to learn and 'talk' to all of ya'll. I live on the Central Coast of CA and ride a 1995 KX 250 2stroke. I ride Pismo Dunes, our local forest (Pozo), Hollister hills, and the Mojave desert a couple of times a year. Looking to upgrade to a 4stroke and will be soliciting advise as to what sort size and brand used bike I should look for...

Thanks for having me!

Welcome Jason, this is the place to get an unbiased opinion of what WE think you ought to get ... :devil: ... ok, so not so unbiased but a light hearted debate on good vs bad on what you're thinking of getting. That is where/what you ride now HOW do you ride? Advanced, Intermediate, beginner...some of that will be directed at what size of bike you might consider... :thumb:

Guess I should have given some more info... I ride a 1995 KX250 that has been kicking my ASS for the last 6 years trying to keep up with my advanced buddies on the trails. Something finally clicked in the desert last month and I'm finally able to ride this bike the way it is intended to be ridden! SO...I think I'm able to upgrade to a newer 4stroke and be comfortable on it, and not worry about destroying it by crashing all the time. I rode some of their bikes and I like the power of the 450 but I like the weight of the 250's. Also, my brother-in-law is an ex-supercross rider and wants us to get into the FirePoliceMX series someday soon...so I guess track riding is probably in my near future. So I'll be riding intermediate/advanced on the trails and beginner on the track. I'll probably keep my KX so I can ride year round with the green sticker here in Ca and have a good backup bike.

Guess I should have given some more info... I ride a 1995 KX250 that has been kicking my ASS for the last 6 years trying to keep up with my advanced buddies on the trails. Something finally clicked in the desert last month and I'm finally able to ride this bike the way it is intended to be ridden! SO...I think I'm able to upgrade to a newer 4stroke and be comfortable on it, and not worry about destroying it by crashing all the time. I rode some of their bikes and I like the power of the 450 but I like the weight of the 250's. Also, my brother-in-law is an ex-supercross rider and wants us to get into the FirePoliceMX series someday soon...so I guess track riding is probably in my near future. So I'll be riding intermediate/advanced on the trails and beginner on the track. I'll probably keep my KX so I can ride year round with the green sticker her in Ca and have a good backup bike.

Well alright then .... good luck with the track stuff, got a few track stars ion here that I'm sure wil be glad to shell out pointers if needed. :smirk:

:wave: Welcome. I am far from giving advice, so good luck with the others on here. They have a lot of wisdom and some sick skills in the MX and Off-road world.:prof:

Welcome! Nice to see another green 2smoke in the mix :thumb:. Read some post's and stick around a while, and if you're really adventurous, you might want to check out the chat.

James

Staff member
Welcome Jason, so how did you find us?

Believe it or not a newer bike is generally easier to ride, thanks to the suspension upgrades. :thumb:

I actually did a google search for top end pricing to see which stroke would be easier and more economical to maintain...that's how I found the site...read some good tech threads and thought it would be a good forum to join.

I actually did a google search for top end pricing to see which stroke would be easier and more economical to maintain...that's how I found the site...read some good tech threads and thought it would be a good forum to join.

Honestly, "they've" given me good reason to leave however I decided to stick around ..:stick: . Glutten for punishment you might call it! :rolleyes: