New guy looking for bike advice

maybe go over and tell him you are convinced you want to try dirtbiking and you can buy in at 19 unless he has lots of gear that will fit you and some spares like sprockets etc after you admire his rig. i bet you can leave with it for 20-21 if you keep it friendly. one of the things we all hate as a seller is a guy that starts picking things apart or starts off with something like 'i hear the powervalves on these were"breakers" and hard to service, and the crankshafts don't hold up, and second gear goes out often" etc. looks like a decent price even at 23, but again i would probably go for the ktm first. the kx is way prettier.

think I decided one one of the kx's unless something else pops up. Sounds like the KX with a 13oz flywheel would do the trick and still be decent for trail or track. Could always adjust things as I get more use to the bike. Sent another message on the 99kx and will try to get in touch with the 04 kx.

Have to see what I need to register/ insure it as well. The 04 comes with the title and im not sure about the 99. NY always has to get their cut $$$

its easy to get too anxious, no matter what buy, something else always seems to come along that you wanted more right after that. if you find a good runner now, you can keep an eye out for an upgraded rig in a basket that you can take your time with. buy those right and it really works out.

its easy to get too anxious, no matter what buy, something else always seems to come along that you wanted more right after that. if you find a good runner now, you can keep an eye out for an upgraded rig in a basket that you can take your time with. buy those right and it really works out.

Yup, I know whatever I get, something nicer will pop up an hr later. But if it drives decent I'm no pro.

There a 03 kx 250 also, seems nice and in the same area. $2300