Malaysia Airlines Flight 370!

James

Staff member
I understand that you could fly "under" radar, but if you are flying that low and they are saying it flew over Malaysia into the Indian ocean, wouldn't anyone notice a low flying 777? Just my thoughts!
It was the middle of the night.

I think this link (that you'd posted) tells a lot of what happened.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...7a24-ac86-11e3-a06a-e3230a43d6cb_graphic.html

The reason it's not that easy to find is because of the shear area that it could be in. In theory it could be anywhere on this map. The area to the left of that big arc of orange dots is the area it had to be in to be able to connect to that satellite. However in theory it could have left that area after the last data transmission, for example headed south west over the Indian ocean and that turned east towards Australia. Or made a big circle and is now in Indonesia. Or it crashed in the middle of the Indian Ocean. :noidea:

plane.jpg

Maybe we will know more after the Indian Ocean is searched. There is the theory that it was crashed in the same area that Bin Laden was suposedly jettisoned into the sea. Anniversary celebration for that crowd so to speak.

9:31 PM UTC / 5:31 AM MYT

US Navy confirms it has completed its search of the Andaman Sea in hunt for missing Malaysia Airlines jet; "no debris or wreckage" found.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Also here is an interesting Reddit AMA by someone who says he works "for one of the largest in-flight connectivity companies in the world."

He is answering questions about the missing plane, with some good details as how it is possible for someone to shut off the transponders, etc. Read Here

---------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Maybe we will know more after the Indian Ocean is searched. There is the theory that it was crashed in the same area that Bin Laden was suposedly jettisoned into the sea. Anniversary celebration for that crowd so to speak.

That is the first I have heard of this theory...

It was on a few things, one of the posts was on one of Huffington's latest takes on the plane being hijacked. I couldnt even remember where BL suposedly was dumped. So that may not be accurate either. I have a close friend who is a 'wing nut'. I should call him. FYI that area is suposedly in the Indian Ocean.

The Indian Ocean is large and has comparatively little traffic in the southern portion. The black boxes have mechanical pingers, but they can only be heard at 5 miles in usual conditions and 10 miles at best. If the plane went down in the middle of that ocean it may never be found.

if they ever find any debris, that might not help much as the ocean tides and currents could have scattered that stuff all over, I know in the N. pacific the currents average i think in the 4 knot an hour range, don't know in indian,but if its close just figure the math and go from there, could be a thousand miles away by now.

I hear this is a week old and gone already? So yep, that Government is even more corrupt than America...

We lived there during 9/11 and I tell you what. The info that was released on the "local news" was extremely limited. It wasn't until we got back stateside that we really got to see the full impact of 9/11. Pretty interesting experience.

3:28 PM UTC / 11:28 PM MYT

New profiles of Zaharie Ahmad Shah and Fariq Abdul Hamid, the pilot and co-pilot of MH370 have been published by Reuters & New York Times. The story is the same: nothing about these men or the lives they led seems to point to likely complicity in a plot to divert the plane. Reuters article, NYT article

3:13 PM UTC / 11:13 PM MYT

Thailand’s military announced Tuesday that it had radar data that seems to corroborate Malaysian military radar data tracking a plane likely to be MH370 flying west over the Malacca Strait.

Why didn’t Thailand release the data before Tuesday? Because it wasn’t specifically asked for it, military officials says. AP via ABC

10:21 AM UTC / 6:21 PM MYT

Search area of 2.24 million sq nautical miles, putting that into perspective would be:

• Looking for 1 faulty pixel in a photo of 2067 megapixels.
  • Searching in an area larger than Australia. Source
8:44 AM UTC / 4:44 PM MYT

Relatives of some of the missing Chinese passengers are threatening to go on hunger strike in an effort to get more information from the Malaysian authorities. AFP via The Guardian

8:30 AM UTC / 4:30 PM MYT

China says it has started searching its territory and deployed 21 satellites to help with the search. BBC

7:15 AM UTC / 3:15 PM MYT

China finds no terrorism link among its passengers on MaH370. CNN, The Guardian

6:27 AM UTC / 2:30 PM MYT

Australian authority admits MH370 search in Indian Ocean may take weeks. Four Australian planes, with one each from the US and New Zealand, will search an area of 600,000 square kilometres. Video of the press conference

Map shows where the Australian Maritime Safety Authority plans to search for missing Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 on March 18, 2014. The Guardian

4:34 AM UTC / 12:33 PM MYT

Aircraft from the US and New Zealand will start hunting for MH 370 in a new search area 3,000 kilometers southwest of Perth, Australia. ABC News

3:33 AM UTC / 11:33 AM MYT

Citing "senior American officials," New York Times claims that the divergent turn on MH 370 was preprogrammed into the aircraft's computer. Their sources are unnamed. They do not provide an explanation as to how they know that the route was programmed rather than flown manually. Thus, we advice you to take this report with a pinch of salt until we receive official confirmation.

Comment from MrGandW: Aircraft fly routes which are programmed into their FMS (flight management system) via autopilot. Thus, NYT may be trying to report that the aircraft was on autopilot when its route was changed.

Nice info Peezy, the news and the FEDS just don't know what really happened. Besides the news, all the govt systems I look at, it still can NOT be determined yet! It still can be:

1. Mechanical
2. Pilot Suicide
3. Terrorism

NOT enough info yet.......too many people wanting to be famous for 15 mins.......I ignore the news until the plane is FOUND!

Maybe we will ever know. The most informative part of the information circus is that when you get more governments involved the announcements and retractions expand. If it is '3' you wonder why someone isn't publicly claiming it. That alone sure doesn't rule it out.

Putin wanted to put the USSR back together his first time around. Expect to see him add a couple of more by the time he is done. There were a lot of Russian nationalists who found themselves in a different country when the old regime ended. Lots of sentiment to return, especially from the poorer countries who went "west".

Maybe you should start a watch the Ukraine thread?