69 VW Bug - Project

As in fixing what you got or looking for new? There is a VW shop by my Mgr's work, but I never been in there, so not sure what their prices are.

What you looking at doing and I can check into it for you.

Complete paint in out and under. Also needs a bit of body work done. See pics above.

Complete paint in out and under. Also needs a bit of body work done. See pics above.

Aw, I can see what it would cost if you want. Also next door to them is a Paint and Body shop. Xquadtard had his daughters truck painted there and it came out pretty good. The price was not bad either.
You up for trailering that thing down here, or I can drag it back with me in July and drop it off.

Aw, I can see what it would cost if you want. Also next door to them is a Paint and Body shop. Xquadtard had his daughters truck painted there and it came out pretty good. The price was not bad either.
You up for trailering that thing down here, or I can drag it back with me in July and drop it off.

Sure. Show them the pics. I'm putting the body on one of Gary's trailers Friday and taking it to a few shops to get an idea of how much $$$$ this is going to set me back. I have a feeling I won't be getting a 2014 500.

Sure. Show them the pics. I'm putting the body on one of Gary's trailers Friday and taking it to a few shops to get an idea of how much $$$$ this is going to set me back. I have a feeling I won't be getting a 2014 500.

:thumb: will do. Those darn kids cost money you know...

Was quoted $4k, $8k and $10k to do the bodywork and complete paint. Restoration just came to a halt. Not so sure I want to have a $15k VW Bug sitting in the driveway.

Was quoted $4k, $8k and $10k to do the bodywork and complete paint. Restoration just came to a halt. Not so sure I want to have a $15k VW Bug sitting in the driveway.

:shocked: I did not get the chance to swing by the couple places here, but will try in the next few days and let you know.

Maybe it is time to learn how to do bodywork yourself.....:smirk:

Baja Bug time:rocker:

baja008.jpg