250 Yz250 Issues

Alright everybody tonight I thoroughly cleaned everything in the carb and removed as many things as possible... the float was lean everything checked out and was fine but the slide was slightly higher then it should be So all I should need to do is slap the carb in the bike... I think.... Hopefully it doesn't flood itself again

Sounds like the throttle cable needs adjustment, the slide is not seating correctly, or your carb is not getting enough fuel.

If the cable is too tight or caught on something along the path, it'll hold the slide open and cause hard starting, when they do start the idle is too high and not touching the adjustment screw to make a difference.

A backwards slide can cause hard starting in a VM (round slide) style carburetor, when they do start, they idle really high (screaming) and is not adjustable.

A lean condition will cause high idle, surging, and inability to adjust idle speed in a 2T. Check the float setting.
-BIG DAN:thumb:

Alright everybody tonight I thoroughly cleaned everything in the carb and removed as many things as possible... the float was lean everything checked out and was fine but the slide was slightly higher then it should be So all I should need to do is slap the carb in the bike... I think.... Hopefully it doesn't flood itself again
Did you manage to get the slide to seat properly or is it still slightly high?
If it's still high then you will still have the problem,
Excellent advice given from the first reply from big D so listen well and the boys will get you up and running!:ride:

Sorry for the late reply guys I just was busy working on a second bike I bought anyways I put the carb to all stock and fine tuned everything and turned on gas and she started first kick!!!! Seems like it runs great, that was the first heat cycle since the rebuild anyways Ill pull the plug tomorrow and show you guys!! Thanks for all the advice for the carb couldn't have done it with out you!

SRAD97750

Staff member
giphy.gif

-BIG DAN:thumb: