YZ 250 still slipping

I changed my clutch fiber plates and the metal ones and the clutch springs. 1,2,3,4 work fine but 5th slips like a bitch still. My cable is adjusted right, maybe even a little on the loose side. My clutch basket is really notched out too, so maybe that could be a problem? HELP!!!!

Said he replaced the springs. Only thing left is the dogs are worn out. No more bark, so to speak.
Smerch69, does it sound bad and or does it feel like something's skip/grinding?

The engine spins but the bike dosent move. No grinding or anything. The beginning of fifth works for a slight bit at low rpm but if u get on the gas it slips in and out

Replace the springs and the notched clutch basket. When you put new plates in a worn basket the fiber plates ride in a different location in the basket than the worn ones did and tend to hang and not give full contact with the metal plates and thus you have slippage that shows up more in the higher gears. The springs can't deal with it if worn, but even new springs in a worn basket will not make the clutch work correctly.

Paw Paw

Said he replaced the springs. Only thing left is the dogs are worn out. No more bark, so to speak.
Smerch69, does it sound bad and or does it feel like something's skip/grinding?

I see you were paying attention..... I didn't see that he replaced the springs till I re read his post.....you passed the test

Replace the springs and the notched clutch basket. When you put new plates in a worn basket the fiber plates ride in a different location in the basket than the worn ones did and tend to hang and not give full contact with the metal plates and thus you have slippage that shows up more in the higher gears. The springs can't deal with it if worn, but even new springs in a worn basket will not make the clutch work correctly.

Paw Paw

I would have thought he would known what a crappy notched out basket would look like. :noidea:

Never can tell without pictures.

Also it was not stated what oil is being used. If an automotive type of "energy conservation" oil was used the clutch will also slip.

Paw Paw
If memory serves, we went thru the that (what oil he used) in the previous thread, and that was evidently not the problem.he stated he was using yamalube.