yz 250 exhaust packing

I noticed when i bought my bike i needed to repack the exhaust, so i took off the end piece and i noticed there was no core on it, and its not in the exhaust or anything, its like it just dosent have one? Is it supposed to be like that; and if so how do i repack the exhaust?

SRAD97750

Staff member
I noticed when i bought my bike i needed to repack the exhaust, so i took off the end piece and i noticed there was no core on it, and its not in the exhaust or anything, its like it just dosent have one? Is it supposed to be like that; and if so how do i repack the exhaust?
The packing needs the core screen otherwise it'll plug up on you very quickly.
I have made them out of pipe with 1 million holes drilled, or used an old one from another muffler. Just needs to line up and be secured to both ends of the can (inlet and outlet), otherwise it'll fall out of line and plug up very quickly.

If you aren't mechanically inclined, the best bet might be to replace the muffler. -BIG DAN:thumb:

I have a stock one that might be in better shape than yours. That is if you are mixing gas and hauling ass. Although it might take time and $ to ship, you can have it for the price of shipping from California 92865 USA. If you have PayPal we can do the money exchange there. PM for details if needed I'll post up pics when I get off M33 mom. Oops, I mean work....

Oh yah, 2002-2014 YZ250 2 stroke.

I have a stock one that might be in better shape than yours. That is if you are mixing gas and hauling ass. Although it might take time and $ to ship, you can have it for the price of shipping from California 92865 USA. If you have PayPal we can do the money exchange there. PM for details if needed I'll post up pics when I get off M33 mom. Oops, I mean work....

Mines an 01' but thats ok ill just get a fmf for christmas or somethin

Good news, Orderd a Pro Circuit R-304 silencer but now i am having problems with my clutch, read my latest thread under general dirtbike if you would like to give me some help

My screen broke off my pipe and would you be down to hook me up with your pipe, I live in California as well