Other XR650L Tail Light and Brake Light Issue

[emoji38] Oh, I have certainly missed you!! Good to see you're still on here!

Everything has been going great, I have an 11 month old baby about to turn 1, and I finish my enlistment in the Army in a few months. I kind of stepped away from riding for awhile, although I was still buying and selling and trading my way up to this XR650L SM. I think I'll keep this one!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
Awesome news Riley! Both you and John have great looking bikes! Here's some unsolicited advice - Don't blink, that 11 month old will be 18 years old before you can imagine!!!! Enjoy every minute of watching your child grow! :thumb:

Last edited:
Awesome news Riley! Both you and John have great looking bikes! Here's some unsolicited advice - Don't blink, that 11 month old will be 18 years old before you can imagine!!!! Enjoy every minute of watching your child grow! :thumb:

Thats sage advice right there:thumb:
Every minute you get to spend with your child is priceless.... I blinked and mine was 6'3 with 46" shoulders.

Thats sage advice right there:thumb:
Every minute you get to spend with your child is priceless.... I blinked and mine was 6'3 with 46" shoulders.

Thank yall! I always get all sensitive when I think about that :lol: That little guy means everything to me. It's almost been a year already and it flew by!

As far as the bike goes, I've been busy all week and I'll start working on it today. I may be buying a new tail light since it doesnt appear to be working right. In theory, the lights should work when connected to jump wires from the battery and ground, right?

It should light up direct from the battery unless it needs some kind of additional resistance for the led's. I've been runnig the Baja Design rear tail/brake light on mine and other bikes for years with no issues.