Other WP forks for KTM

so my right fork leg on my KTM 250xcw is leaking badly, I used a seal mate to clean out the seal and it stopped leaking. Question 1) if I ride it with uneven oil levels will it fuck my left fork up really badly? Question 2) should I check the oil in the left when I'm filling the right fork leg or is it ok to just do the leaking fork (right leg) I ordered the appropriate tools for the job, there on the way. Right leg had not leake. Was riding in extremely muddy conditions.

Depends on how much oil you lost. A few cc's won't hurt.
If you haven't done so recently then maybe it's time to service the suspension. Fresh bushings and seals will make everything tight and right.

if it lost a few cc's thats nothing to worry about, you're going to be that far off anyway when you rebuild them, don't rebuild just one if you do, do them both at the same time. And do the bushings too

Well I was hoping to just top the right leg off, not really wanting to rebuild them. I seen my forks leak (kx250) but on my KTM it splattered oil all over my pipe and radiator. Never seen that before. The seal seems good now. I rode on it for 4 hours with just a small oil film that looked pretty normal

Well I was hoping to just top the right leg off, not really wanting to rebuild them. I seen my forks leak (kx250) but on my KTM it splattered oil all over my pipe and radiator. Never seen that before. The seal seems good now. I rode on it for 4 hours with just a small oil film that looked pretty normal

You lost more than a few cc's. Sounds like the oil is low enough where it stopped leaking. It's been my experience to just rebuild them and not worry about it until the next leak.

Last edited:
I would not rebuild it unless it leaks again. You got the mud out and it should be good. You can sometimes add oil thru the air bleed hole with a syringe, but you probly really do not need to do it. Don't make this into a bigger thing than it is.