Women 30+ in age/Oregon

Hello all:wave:

Ladies; I am not a great or a bad rider and am frustrated I am not better. The issue is I don't get much seat time. Looking for any females in the same boat needing a riding partner. I have hope for someone more in my age group or older so hopefully we have basic life in common. Starting my search now so maybe I will have found a few friends by the time the better weather hits.

Guys; Do you have a girlfriend, wife, mother, sister or grandmother looking to hit the dirt without feeling like they will hold up the guys?

Everyone else; any thoughts on how I could meet other woman who ride or want to ride?

About me: I have a KLX 125 and feel its a bit small but need to get better and maybe get a 230 or 250. May need to lower it as I am only 5'3 or I may just need more practice on riding a bigger bike. I have a Mon-Fri job so I will need to ride weekends.:ride:

Hello all:wave:

Ladies; I am not a great or a bad rider and am frustrated I am not better. The issue is I don't get much seat time. Looking for any females in the same boat needing a riding partner. I have hope for someone more in my age group or older so hopefully we have basic life in common. Starting my search now so maybe I will have found a few friends by the time the better weather hits.

Guys; Do you have a girlfriend, wife, mother, sister or grandmother looking to hit the dirt without feeling like they will hold up the guys?

Everyone else; any thoughts on how I could meet other woman who ride or want to ride?

About me: I have a KLX 125 and feel its a bit small but need to get better and maybe get a 230 or 250. May need to lower it as I am only 5'3 or I may just need more practice on riding a bigger bike. I have a Mon-Fri job so I will need to ride weekends.:ride:

Welcome Scccchhhhellllleeemmmottttto...:P...anyways, While stopped, if you can touch the ground with your tip-toes (to me) there's no need to lower your bike. How often does someone touch the ground with both feet while moving? Usually not until turning and at that time you're leaning...:prof: My view is...if you can handle the delivery of power (throttle response) and manage to hold on :shocked:...I say go for it! My wife has a monster of a quad (660 Raptor) which she seldom needs that much power however she knows she doesn't have to use it but it's there if needed. :ride:...

:wave: HI! Welcome.

Im in California so Im not an option but...you may want to try some other forums as well. This site is kind of new and the women are few at this point. I had nobody to ride with when I started. I was riding alone. Then I started to meet some people when I went out. But not so many women. Then I went to :devil:Thumper Talk:devil: and found many. In your area there is PNW Riders also. A good resource. Thanks to forums I now have friends around the country to ride with:thumb: Plushpuppy (here) is from OR but I dont know how far she is from you. I rode with her a few years ago. Nice person and good rider. It's nice once you find you gal pals to ride with. It is helpful and comforting to be able to relate with other women in this sport, being that is so male dominated. I wish you luck and agree with Rez...if you can touch on your tippy toes your good! Power is your friend and needed. You should be using it more then you do your feet.

Best wishes and good luck on your search:ride:

check out this group http://rutsoregon.org/ tell Kent I sent you :D you will have a real nice time riding with them and they will take good care of you!!!

oh yeah, I'm PLushpuppy, and welcome to an Oregon girl!!! are you on Facebook?(pm me) when we go out to Brown's camp I'll let you know if you'd like to come ride and hang. I have a great bud Louisa that I'm usually there with and we will have much fun!!!

I miss you SUN, horribly :D :cry::cry::cry:

The klx140 is a much better bike than the klx/drz125. Better balance, better pegs, better brakes, better carb, better suspension, more power(slightly).

check out this group http://rutsoregon.org/ tell Kent I sent you :D you will have a real nice time riding with them and they will take good care of you!!!

oh yeah, I'm PLushpuppy, and welcome to an Oregon girl!!! are you on Facebook?(pm me) when we go out to Brown's camp I'll let you know if you'd like to come ride and hang. I have a great bud Louisa that I'm usually there with and we will have much fun!!!

I miss you SUN, horribly :D :cry::cry::cry:

Good suggestion and nice offer Plush:thumb:

I miss you too Pup!:hug: