South Will You Respect Me In The Morning ?

I never thought I'd own another street bike. I had one of these in 84 when they first came out. Honda VT500FT ASCOT. Small bike. Tons of wheelie pulling torque in a V-Twin 500cc motor. Shaft Drive. Handy and fun to ride. Based on the Honda Shadow but styled after the Ascot Flat Track Racing Bikes.

They only made this gem in 83 & 84. I can't believe this bike is 28 years old. Really dates me !

Well I found one in OH in excellent condition for LOW dollars. Should be here in about 2 weeks. Should be a fun ride in the twisties up to Big Bear from my house.

Any of you high desert guys ride street bikes ?
billascotvt1.jpg
billascotvt2.jpg
billascotvt3.jpg
billascotvt6.jpg
billascotvt4.jpg

What a beauty! I love it! What prompted a cross country purchase? Nostalgia alone? Either way :thumb:

I ride my road bike everyday!

It's the one bike from my youth I wish I had kept. Started googling for fun and found this one for about half what they sell for now. It was garaged for 10 years and only has 7000 miles.

We need to cruise up to Big Bear to Chads and shoot some pool.

I never thought I'd own another street bike. I had one of these in 84 when they first came out. Honda VT500FT ASCOT. Small bike. Tons of wheelie pulling torque in a V-Twin 500cc motor. Shaft Drive. Handy and fun to ride. Based on the Honda Shadow but styled after the Ascot Flat Track Racing Bikes.

They only made this gem in 83 & 84. I can't believe this bike is 28 years old. Really dates me !

Well I found one in OH in excellent condition for LOW dollars. Should be here in about 2 weeks. Should be a fun ride in the twisties up to Big Bear from my house.

Any of you high desert guys ride street bikes ?
View attachment 9566
View attachment 9567
View attachment 9568
View attachment 9569
View attachment 9570
Absolutely love it:thumb: I'm still trying to find one of the old 2t street fighters from my youth.