All Which State has the Best Riding Weather

Opportunity is as important the weather. Unless you are independently wealthy or have a super transferable skill like nursing work opportunity can be as important as riding opportunity. I'd say let your job search be a big part of your final location. Don't forget about the cost of living either. I'm on the fringe of the LA area and while I'm in a somewhat more affordable zone my typical 3 bedroom home is about $500k.

Where you are now there is not much weather variation unless you travel far. Here in SoCal there is a huge variation in costs and local weather in a 50 mile radius. For example Weathergeek is out in the sticks where it snows every year but the Pine trees are awesome. Go another direction to the coast and you rarely need air conditioning or even much heat, but a 1000 sq ft home can be upwards of 1 million. Go the other direction and you are in the desert. Cold in the winter and baking in the summer, but your home might only be 200k.

Since you are in NY the insane govt and associated taxes in CA will seem just like home. Same kind of liberal big cities and conservative rural areas dynamic. The nearby states are not so insane in this respect.

In the desert southwest you will find the that the summer is the toughest season for riding as it is so hot.

If you want the best possible weather go to Hawaii. There are some big downsides but the temps at sea level almost never go below 60 or above 85.
Great informative post.:thumb: