Where is the fuel screw on a yz250f???

my bike has been running lean lately and is popping while decelerating from high rpm' so I need to adjust the fuel screw. I have looked on the Internet and can't find where it is anywhere and it's driving me crazy. Can anyone help or send me a pic of their fuel screw so I can adjust mine? Btw mine is a 2003 Yamaha yz250f.

SRAD97750

Staff member
I would suspect an airleak at the header or pipe connector causing your popping on decel.
Alternatively, the carburetor needs cleaning if the way it runs is changing. -BIG DAN:thumb:

SRAD97750

Staff member
Forward of the bowl and pointing straight into the sky. You can remove the carburetor to see better before trying to adjust the carb Blind/HOT.-BIG DAN:thumb:

9474473.jpg

if it is a stock screw it may be short and hard to reach find, but it is in the location of the pic above...getan aftermarket extended one like in the pic to do easy adjustments

In the socket deep. The one on a 230 honda is half moon and a bitch to turn without tool. The long flex is what I put on all my carbs that are like that. PITA without!

Yeah I found the screw the only question is how the crap do I adjust it... It's like I need a screw driver that's 4 inches long to do it the thing is just impossible. Any ideas to make this easier