whats your worst mechanical mishap while working on your bike?

i'm talking something you totally forgot about untill after you started riding and things went wrong...lol

for me it wasn't to bad but i had just set my rad cap on instead of screwing it down and took off only to get splashed in the face with coolant after doing a wheelie...lol. luckly i was only on the street in front of my house but i wouldn't of checked it if i had gone anywhere...

SRAD97750

Staff member
Once I installed the engine on my pitbike, started it up. Got so excited, I forgot the Front brake caliper hanging by it's hose. (Not on the rotor)
First corner I go up and over the berm and take some deep soil samples.

:picard:-BIG DAN:thumb:

Once I installed the engine on my pitbike, started it up. Got so excited, I forgot the Front brake caliper hanging by it's hose. (Not on the rotor)
First corner I go up and over the berm and take some deep soil samples.

:picard:-BIG DAN:thumb:

ouch...lol. that doesn't sound fun, one of my buddies bought a brand new 08 450X first ride out the rotor fell off 5th gear pinned on a fire road and got caught in the spokes... they went to repair it and he made them give him a whole new bike

i'm talking something you totally forgot about untill after you started riding and things went wrong...lol

for me it wasn't to bad but i had just set my rad cap on instead of screwing it down and took off only to get splashed in the face with coolant after doing a wheelie...lol. luckly i was only on the street in front of my house but i wouldn't of checked it if i had gone anywhere...

Well, it was on your bike. :shocked:
Trying to get your dam air boot back on to the carburetor. :smirk: :smirk:

That was a bitch! :smirk:

It wasn't after the fact though.

wen i change my air filter i put a paper towel in the air box so dirt doesnt get in. well 1 time i forgot to take it out and i went riding and it ran for about 5 min and was bogging like crazy then it died and i couldnt figure out wat was wrong i must have spent 2hrs at the truck trying to figure it out finally i pulled the cab and found the towel. the worst part is that not 5mi into the trail my front tire popped then my dad insisted on changing it so we took it off tried to patch in didnt work so he had my mom drive 30min to meet us half way to bring us some tubes and we wen back tried about 10 times and kept pinching them spent about 3hrs never did get it lol

Well, it was on your bike. :shocked:
Trying to get your dam air boot back on to the carburetor. :smirk: :smirk:

That was a bitch! :smirk:

It wasn't after the fact though.

:lol: yeah i still owe all you guys a beer for that one... i guess i should add on here "losing my air/fuel screw 5 miles into a ride then returning to camp to find it laying on top the engine, putting it back in then getting a mile outta camp and completely losing it" :bonk: lol

I over tighten my rebound clicker on my shock and stripped out the screw. Luckly a guy on TT sent me and old shock that wasn't any good so I changed out the clevis.

James

Staff member
Didn't get the clip holding on the front sprocket set right and it ended up flying off, which sent the chain into the case. Now I triple check it and also add a bead of liquid seal maker around it.

Changed the oil on my wifes quad...apparently I didn't tighten the drain bolt enough. one of the kids out riding with us took it for a spin and came back with oil all over his leg. luckily it had JUST come off prior to him getting back and didn't run it dry.