RM125 What's up riders! 03 rm 125

View attachment 29507
Have an issue with this bike rebuilt carb all is clear from small holes to the ones u can't see.

Bike runs out like its loaded up then cleans out but it acts like ignition is cutting out like a slow rev limiter at power band? Bad cdi or coil? Or?

Thanks

Welcome.

Neither. Set your float height. Make sure your petcock screen is clean as well. Then double check your carb for cleanliness.

Welcome.

Neither. Set your float height. Make sure your petcock screen is clean as well. Then double check your carb for cleanliness.

Hmmm. If u run it mid range it cuts in and out like a switch and if u pin it its strong? And idles good. Bike has sat for 3 years prior to me going thru carb and top end.
I may just start over on the carb and sonic clean it at work. I think its ignition but???

Thanks

Hmmm. If u run it mid range it cuts in and out like a switch and if u pin it its strong? And idles good. Bike has sat for 3 years prior to me going thru carb and top end.
I may just start over on the carb and sonic clean it at work. I think its ignition but???

Thanks

Oh. You didn't mention that part.
How easy does it start cold?
How easy does it start warm?
Does it only cut out at mid throttle or does it do it from idle to mid?
Does it sound like its gargling?
I would still set the float height.
I don't think it's anything electronic other than possibly a bad ground or plug cap.
Those you just need to break loose and clean the contact points.

Star
Oh. You didn't mention that part.
How easy does it start cold?
How easy does it start warm?
Does it only cut out at mid throttle or does it do it from idle to mid?
Does it sound like its gargling?
I would still set the float height.
I don't think it's anything electronic other than possibly a bad ground or plug cap.
Those you just need to break loose and clean the contact points.

Starts great cold and warm
New br8es plug

It's real crisp on the mid. When its on the power band edge it's like a light switch on off on off etc. pin it and it runs out. I'm kinda siding on the carb issue? Reed issue??

They are carbon fiber and no cracks or weakness in them by feel

Star

Starts great cold and warm
New br8es plug

It's real crisp on the mid. When its on the power band edge it's like a light switch on off on off etc. pin it and it runs out. I'm kinda siding on the carb issue? Reed issue??

They are carbon fiber and no cracks or weakness in them by feel

Any hanging idle?
Plug should be a B9 and changed often as it has a propensity to disintegrate and ruin a top end on certain year 125s and 250's. Something to do with cylinder resonation.
Be sure that your powervalve is working correctly as well.

In my case I am curious about what the plug looks like, and not whether it came over on the first boat after the amistice was signed etc. as pointed out it is one step hotter than what comes on most 125's and if that was what the po was using it was probably trying to make up for fouled plugs, which usually come from an overly rich condition. Set the float.