What's the dumbest thing you've seen or done at gate drop?

James

Staff member
Which rider was it that got caught up in the gate and lifted his rear wheel up 2 ft in the air. It was 250, supercross, ama, road for green! perhaps Christope Purcel? Approx 3 yrs ago.It was due to the gate bouncing off the grd and catching his foot peg if I remember right. Something that I could expect to happen to me!
The latest one I remember was a couple weeks ago at the JS7 Freestone Amateur National in Texas, rider got the front wheel wedged under the gate. Both him and mechanic were struggling to pull it out.

I'd forgotten about this photo, thanks for reminding me, this needs to go up on Instagram. haha

DSC_7678-2.jpg

How about Jeff alessi using a laser light to blind other guys at the gate to help his brother Mike get the hole shot.

How about Jeff alessi using a laser light to blind other guys at the gate to help his brother Mike get the hole shot.

How lame was that?
The best thing that could happen to mike is if Tony and Jeff fell off the face of the earth.

I guess my #2 would be; I was known for my starts and needed it to be there at the end. While lined up on the ice, next to the hot dog, local superhero, nearly unbeatable Kraig"catch me if you can" Riesse, I, for some reason was taken over by the sound of everyone reving their engines, it became a contest for me to out do everyones rev. I succeeded to the point that Kraig and I became involved in a very serious duo trying to out rev the other guy, while laughing very hard at the same time. Well, I won that contest but ended up the last one off the line!

Which rider was it that got caught up in the gate and lifted his rear wheel up 2 ft in the air. It was 250, supercross, ama, road for green! perhaps Christope Purcel? Approx 3 yrs ago.It was due to the gate bouncing off the grd and catching his foot peg if I remember right. Something that I could expect to happen to me!
I think pourcel rode for Honda

Last year first race out i crashed in the first moto. Got the bars bent out somewhat but thats about it as i only had one moto in between my classes. Get up on the gate and the bike dies before the board went sideways so they delayed it and restarted the count after i got it restarted. Gate drops, i make it 10 feet and the fucker runs out of gas. I ripped a fuel line when i went down and didnt notice :picard: