what is this bike worth?

my buddy Billy has a late'80s early '90s KX250. It doesn't have a cylinder, piston, cylinder head, or handlebars, or exhaust haha. Its crank is free and so is the transmission. What is this bike worth in its current condition? Thanks.

That's what I thought. I need another project bike for winter so im thinking of buying it. so how much would it be worth with restoration? Thanks man.

my buddy Billy has a late'80s early '90s KX250. It doesn't have a cylinder, piston, cylinder head, or handlebars, or exhaust haha. Its crank is free and so is the transmission. What is this bike worth in its current condition? Thanks.

150-200 depending on the condition of the rest of the parts

That's what I thought. I need another project bike for winter so im thinking of buying it. so how much would it be worth with restoration? Thanks man.

and ths question is a little... confusing, are you asking how much will it be worth after? or are you asking if it will be worth your time?

a little of both. I love bring bikes back from the dead, so it will be no trouble there. But how much it would be worth after the restoration. $1500 sounds great, $150 into the bike, and from what I have found out $500 for parts so a $850 prophit works for me.

a little of both. I love bring bikes back from the dead, so it will be no trouble there. But how much it would be worth after the restoration. $1500 sounds great, $150 into the bike, and from what I have found out $500 for parts so a $850 prophit works for me.

figure in all new engine bearings, tranny, crank, etc so more like 600-750, with a replate or resleeve, with an over bore it will be like 100 less so 500-650, then obviously cosmetic stuff, and chassis bearings

Like the rest have said. It really depends on how bad it is on the restoration scale and then you need a buyer for what you would like to get. I wouldn't count on more than it needs in parts. Profit is a shaky deal when you count T&M.

Like the rest have said. It really depends on how bad it is on the restoration scale and then you need a buyer for what you would like to get. I wouldn't count on more than it needs in parts. Profit is a shaky deal when you count T&M.
If you count time on something like this you LOOSE profit. If your unemployed, and can pull off starting a legitimate business you can write the parts off on your taxes.

I don't have much time, but I have plenty of money now since im working in the oil fields here in ND, which reminds me I should change my location on my profile. Anyway im working a lot, but I have weekends off so for winter it will give me something to do. I got a few days off this week to go to my brothers wrestling match back home so Im going to buy it from him when i go back down, i might just keep it for the hell of it.

150-160 class, he is a tough little bastard and he can Handle himself fine. Now he has a trainer who is training him for cage fights. He can't fight until he is 16 but he is 14 now and 2 years of training plus the wrestling should make him one hell of a fighter. My old boxing trainer is letting him use his ring for practice, and on Sunday the day after his match im going to see what he's got haha. Old school style boxing vs cage fighting this will be fun :thumb: