What do you use to secure your grips?

What do you use to secure your grips?

• Total voters
I use one inch two-way masking tape. I just apply the tape to the bar in a spiral format. Then using Rosenal lighter fluid, the stuff you use for your ZIPPO lighter. I lube the inside of the grip. Pour the excess over the tape and slide the grip on. The first time you try I this use a liberal amount of solution. It takes longer to dry but you don't want the grip to stick before you get it all the way on and in position. Stil only takes 20-30 minutes to dry. No wire necessary.

I actually thought about using it since it's sitting on a shelf above my work bench...I thought twice about it because I didn't wantmy grips to melt after lighting it...........:shocked:.......they'd definately stay in place though. :thumb:. I'm surprised someone actually DID use it. Good for you! ..So far so good with the aeresol hairspary trick. :ride:

This sounds very interesting grasshopper. :thinking: I am going to give this a try with my new grips as the last time I used my rustoleum I had a bit of paint mess on the floor. Welcome to the forum too. :thumb:
I use one inch two-way masking tape. I just apply the tape to the bar in a spiral format. Then using Rosenal lighter fluid, the stuff you use for your ZIPPO lighter. I lube the inside of the grip. Pour the excess over the tape and slide the grip on. The first time you try I this use a liberal amount of solution. It takes longer to dry but you don't want the grip to stick before you get it all the way on and in position. Stil only takes 20-30 minutes to dry. No wire necessary.