What can you tell me about this bike?

2002 Suzuki RM 85 Are they good bad? High reving, how is the torque compared to a KX100.

I'm asking cause I can pick it up for about $600. What are your thoughts?

2002 Suzuki RM 85 Are they good bad? High reving, how is the torque compared to a KX100.

I'm asking cause I can pick it up for about $600. What are your thoughts?

Allot of what I have heard about the RM 85's are low end bog issues, but can be worked out some some serious jetting 101. Like the KX's they do have the power valve which lessons the on/off switch hit of the power band. They are no low end torc monster. Compared to a KX100 less bottom end, smaller wheels, more difficult to jet. Good bikes tho, they are just designed to scream as they are a racing bike much like that KTM you just bought. Thats not a bad price on it tho. If it was in good shape and I was looking for a bike for a kid I would buy it. This also can be something for your boy to step up on, once he grows out of that 65 then get your girl a KX or RM 100

Drain the gas and mix your own :prof: I wouldn't ever go less that 28:1 on a small screaming engine. But that is just me. I run 28:1 on both my YZ85's more oil is better in my eyes.

I rode woods only on my yz85... 32:1... never toasted anything and only fouled 1 plug..

i raced woods on a cr 85 and ran 50:1 and it would run a whole lot better than 32:1. nver had any issues with blowing.

And there are alot people that run 32:1/ 40:1/ 50:1 and so on and I am sure 28:1 and still blow engines. Alot has to do with how you ride. if you are changing gears and keeping the RPMs in the correct range your engine will last longer but running even 28:1 and running WOT in 1st gear 5 miles down the road and it will overheat and scorch/blow the engine. But like most kids there is a learning curve on riding in the correct gear and I wouldn't, again I said I wouldn't run 50:1 in any 2st ever. Unless it is my weedeater :lol: