What bike is this?

I found this bike on carigslist, I have no idea what kind of bike it is. Not really interested in buying it, but if its something good I might throw down $850, which is what he is asking. just curiose to know what it is, thanks.

3p33o43l65O35P05X5b9f1b612e29915c1957.jpg

3nd3kf3pd5W25X35S6b9f88da69f50ee71aae.jpg

:banana: DANCING BANANA!!!

It's definitely a china bike BUT, it looks pretty legit:thinking:

Looks like a DS or SM style bike, if it's road legal I'd jump on it. Why? I can't imagine it using much gas. Good money saver... well not for now but for next spring/summer. I just wouldn't play in the woods on it and it should be fine.

that's what I was thinking, I ride my 450 around town, and I eat through tires. If I can get this bike and slap some street tires on it I'll have a "
"street" bike to cruise around instead of my 450. Its a 250 and the guy sounds like he needs some cash I'll see if I can offer him $700 and if he goes up we can meet in the middle somewhere. I don't know I might do it if it's in good condition.

that's what I was thinking, I ride my 450 around town, and I eat through tires. If I can get this bike and slap some street tires on it I'll have a "
"street" bike to cruise around instead of my 450. Its a 250 and the guy sounds like he needs some cash I'll see if I can offer him $700 and if he goes up we can meet in the middle somewhere. I don't know I might do it if it's in good condition.

Sounds like a plan!

Though I think it's got road oriented DS tires on it now, at least that's what the pics look like.

yeah it does, that's even better! Cool hopefully the guy hasn't been deployed yet so I can give him a call. Cool, as long as it doesn't get too banged up it should be a good bike.

Most of them bikes.. have honda motors..... Once you find out what motor it is.. you can replace the electronics and carb.. As they go... And then you will have a decent bike.

plus replace all the bolts that hold on anything important. I found the only issue with my kids china crap is the cheap bolts the rest is ok, and use loctite.

gave the guy a call but he didn't answer. His voicemail said the usual stuff "...can't make it to the phone". Then it said "if calling about the bike please call my brother", then he gave a number. So I called him and he didn't answer so I left a message. I'll try again later. I was looking those bikes up and they do have a Honda motor, just an xr version rather than crf. XRs are great bikes, that would be cool if this one ran like one.

gave the guy a call but he didn't answer. His voicemail said the usual stuff "...can't make it to the phone". Then it said "if calling about the bike please call my brother", then he gave a number. So I called him and he didn't answer so I left a message. I'll try again later. I was looking those bikes up and they do have a Honda motor, just an xr version rather than crf. XRs are great bikes, that would be cool if this one ran like one.

Honda clone, not honda:thumb:

thats a lifan. (chinese) but I've heard they are actually pretty decent.

Lifan motors actually manage to hold up pretty darn good from my experience, but are still made from shitty parts. The motors on the chinese bikes are the best part, its just the external that has the most problems.

Maybe the motors seem so good cause you spend more time fixing the cosmetics and frame then riding :devil: