VCGP photos

There are only 4. But they are of the guys that I ride with most of the time.Sam Key VCGP.jpgBryant VCGP.jpgBen VCGP.jpgKriger VCGP.jpg
225623_565955460091304_1421383166_n.jpg

524691_629568023723983_579828544_n.jpg

How did it go for you? I just got bits and pieces of what happened in chat.

Well I did just fine. Finished my first lap and was pretty pooped. My crew chief made me get off the bike and stretch my forearms while he fueled. When he was done I told him I think Im done:faint: . He looked at me and said MY ASS:argue: your done. Straddled my bike and started it for me. Told me GET ON and go:ride: . So I did. He even pushed me out of the pit stall before I could get the bike in gear. So back out onto the course I went. I made it about 4 mile back out onto the course and then it happened. Going down a really silty down hill I hit a rock and the bike started to swap ends on me. Like the champ that I am I tried to ride it out and the bike landed sideways and I rode it to the ground. After gathering myself up and getting the going the right direction on the trail, I tried to grab the front brake lever. But to my dismay all that was left was about an inch of lever. Just enough to grab with my index finger. But not enough to do me any good on the much steeper down hill portions. So I continued down the course till I found a good spot to get off and return back to the pit area. Upon arriving back in the pit area my pit crew was like WTF:noidea:. Im like :noidea: :crash:. But Im not:cripple:. So they were like:clap::hail:. And then my crew chief was like:bleep::f:. So he dug through is box of extras. We tried like 8 different types of brake levers but none of them worked. So I was like:noidea: and my crew was like:thumbsdown:. And so we turned off my fuel and put the bike up on the stand.

Well I did just fine. Finished my first lap and was pretty pooped. My crew chief made me get off the bike and stretch my forearms while he fueled. When he was done I told him I think Im done:faint: . He looked at me and said MY ASS:argue: your done. Straddled my bike and started it for me. Told me GET ON and go:ride: . So I did. He even pushed me out of the pit stall before I could get the bike in gear. So back out onto the course I went. I made it about 4 mile back out onto the course and then it happened. Going down a really silty down hill I hit a rock and the bike started to swap ends on me. Like the champ that I am I tried to ride it out and the bike landed sideways and I rode it to the ground. After gathering myself up and getting the going the right direction on the trail, I tried to grab the front brake lever. But to my dismay all that was left was about an inch of lever. Just enough to grab with my index finger. But not enough to do me any good on the much steeper down hill portions. So I continued down the course till I found a good spot to get off and return back to the pit area. Upon arriving back in the pit area my pit crew was like WTF:noidea:. Im like :noidea: :crash:. But Im not:cripple:. So they were like:clap::hail:. And then my crew chief was like:bleep::f:. So he dug through is box of extras. We tried like 8 different types of brake levers but none of them worked. So I was like:noidea: and my crew was like:thumbsdown:. And so we turned off my fuel and put the bike up on the stand.
Pssshh, front brakes, who needs em :devil:

Well I just figured out why none of the brake levers we used would work as replacements during the race. The master cylinder plunger was jammed into place during the crash. Not enough to keep the the front brakes locked up. But enough to keep the return spring from pushing the plunger back into place. Had we trouble shot a little bit more I might could have gotten in at least on more lap.

All is well now. Front brake is working now. Bled with fresh fluid. Now I just need to take her out and adjust the lever to my liking.

started to tear down my bike a little and just clean it and check things. hot dam my radiator is a mess. :lol: my pretty pegs are not so pretty anymore and i have odd bend in my pipe :smirk:

started to tear down my bike a little and just clean it and check things. hot dam my radiator is a mess. :lol: my pretty pegs are not so pretty anymore and i have odd bend in my pipe :smirk:

That tends to happen when you hit the ground on the second corner trying to gain position.

Again - Welcome to racing off-road. :)
My bikes looked like they fell out of the truck going down the hwy at 65.