UNI AIR FILTERS

I used UNI filters for the first time last summer. I like the ease of cleaning them. The one thing I noticed when removeing the filter. Is the inner filter was always caved in as if it was being sucked into the ariboot. Is that commom with UNI. It just didn't seem right any guesses as to why mine did this. At first I thought I over oiled it. Nope that wasn't it. I didn't like it so went back to Twin Air.

I used UNI filters for the first time last summer. I like the ease of cleaning them. The one thing I noticed when removeing the filter. Is the inner filter was always caved in as if it was being sucked into the ariboot. Is that commom with UNI. It just didn't seem right any guesses as to why mine did this. At first I thought I over oiled it. Nope that wasn't it. I didn't like it so went back to Twin Air.

I use twin air. Never have tried the Uni. Could it be the awesome horsepower the the cr500af generates?

:

How big are the gaps in your air filter cage? are they original, not altered?

Sounds like your cage is not right. As for UNI and the non-bonded two layers I didn't like them on the big bore bikes, and I can get them free from the Co. Sister used to work there and I know the owner and reps.
I prefer the twin air.

No, cage is tight. Its like the bike is trying to turn the inner filter inside out. Maybe I have the bike pinned more than I thought. :smirk: Lots of vacume. I will stick to TwinAir from now on I guess.

Uni used to be the filter to use back in the day...circa 1979ish.... bought one back in 2009 just to try... returned it as I did not like the fit on my RM or the kids 85...Twin air or I stay home

I'll tell yah, they make a great pod filter and the smaller cc Honda filter is not a two piece. Still running the same couple after 8 years of "GAS" washing, Soap, and clear water rinse. So I know the foam is good shit, just don't like the two piece design.