Turn Enduro into Dirt bike help!

Yes you read it correctly, as most people right now are trying to convert their dirt bikes to enduros, I'm trying to convert my enduro to a dirt bike. I have a 2006 Yamaha XT225. I never ever ride it on the road, have a truck for the reason of road driving, I want all of the lights and stuff off the bike, only plastics. I'm basing my look off a same year TTR-230 because they're technically the same bike just mine has all the lights and blinkers and mirrors. I have the mirrors off, have regular off road only tires, but I want to know what I can do about new plastics? Fenders? I want a regular dirt bike rear fender, no longer the folded down one that comes stock. Now really my main question for being here is, how will I go about removing all of the lights and blinkers set on it? What will I do about wiring? What will i do about the switches on the handlebars? Will these switches come off, or will I need a whole new set of handlebars? There is so much to do just for this electrical stuff itself. Someone please read this and give me the best insight, advice, tips and any websites or links they have to doing this, or buying plastics that will fit, anything I'll need please, thank you.

Let me ride it thru the woods once.....it'll come back without the lights,turn signals, and mirrors. But seriously as long as you strip it down, remove or tape off the wiring, and the switches will come off also. You won't have any problems. However like Carl said, you still have a sub par suspension.

Last edited: