125 tuning advice??

im thinking of spending some money and wondering if i could get dramatic results on my kx 125..or would i be wasting money?? eg new race exhaust or reeds or better piston..or even bigger piston..or not to bother and get a bigger bike..my plan/dream is to get the suspension done on the kx €300 and keep it and buy a 2t 200 ktm..what do u guys think..??? iv fallen in luv with this from what iv heard its a mint bike..just trying to get money together..uploadfromtaptalk1393891223370.jpguploadfromtaptalk1393891254926.jpg

I have bored over 125's. I like them, but unless you are just getting ready to redo a cylinder plating wise it probably won't be worth it for you. If you have to pay retail for those bolt on items you mentioned, that doesn't work out either. Just moving the power around a little was never worth it to me.

what size jets should there be in the ec 300 with the fmf pipe and silencer and v force reeds..and what do both promote..jets are 178 and 40

No one,,,?? LOL :ride: Does it seem to be jetting incorrectly? did you check FMF's site? Please know your atmospheric conditions are a bit different, but wouldnt be a bad place to start. FYI both rigs we have that ended up with the reeds you chose were pretty crisp to start with. A free flowing set of reeds will lean out a bike most of the time. Ditto the pipe and silencer. It is the stuff the rig came with though?

Last edited:
No one,,,?? LOL :ride: Does it seem to be jetting incorrectly? did you check FMF's site? Please know your atmospheric conditions are a bit different, but wouldnt be a bad place to start. FYI both rigs we have that ended up with the reeds you chose were pretty crisp to start with. A free flowing set of reeds will lean out a bike most of the time. Ditto the pipe and silencer. It is the stuff the rig came with though?

Took it for the first spin today love the power it so spread out it lovely and in every gear loads if torque...so no problem really. .

Just do a few short blasts and some throttle chops and take a look at the plug. Set the gloat and try it again. If the float is far off check the jets against factory and fmf suggestions. Then go through the jetting drill. Hella if you have a friend with a box full of them.