Other ttr 225 carb troubles

my ttr 225 is running rough--popping on decel, takes forever to start and warm up, only starts on choke , and then after it warms enough to take the choke off, it hesitates under accel really bad til it gets good and hot. any suggestions?

James

Staff member
Like the others said, start by cleaning the carb. If it still does it after that then you'll most likely need to adjust your jets.

Also make sure that your gas is fresh, completely drain it if its been sitting for awhile.

while you have your carb off I suggest reading TT's(GASP) jetting thread on the ttr. they are incredibly lean stock and benefit greatly from bigger jets.

Take the pilot jet out and clean it. I'll bet that is the issue. The pilots are too small in these bikes and it will get clogged really easy. The description is sounding exactly like that. Actually, take the pilot out and throw it in the trash and put in the next size bigger. After you do that, enjoy your riding :ride:

been looking at these bikes to replace the two little ones I just sold and I seen alot of people talking about they are jetted super lean from factory, to put bigger jets in them and they run much better. Ofcourse changing the jetting and plastics to orange like CDA did makes them run even better :smirk:

:thinking: where is that upgrade thread

My aunt used to have one of these, it was a no go. Me and my uncle spent more time working on it than my aunt did riding it. and she took it easy every ride all ride. if you can i would sell it and save up for a WR250f. 10 times better in the bush and made for it. (which is basically what the ttr is made for as well) but tons more power from the WR and better handling by far

been looking at these bikes to replace the two little ones I just sold and I seen alot of people talking about they are jetted super lean from factory, to put bigger jets in them and they run much better. Ofcourse changing the jetting and plastics to orange like CDA did makes them run even better :smirk:

:thinking: where is that upgrade thread
:thinking: that was a fun mod.

Just open the air box, add a 3/8s washer spacer to the exhaust end cap, bump the main and pilot one size up and you'll be good to go.

:thinking: that was a fun mod.

Just open the air box, add a 3/8s washer spacer to the exhaust end cap, bump the main and pilot one size up and you'll be good to go.
hi. i have a 2002 yamaha ttr 225 starts and runs fine until it warms up. about 20 miles, then it acts like it is starving for fuel. spark is good compression is 150lbs,, carb has been cleaned and cleaned again, i have increased the jet sizes both mains and pilot. you mention open the air box, and also adding a 3/8s washer to exhaust end cap? not sure i understand.. could you explain that in more detail? thanks i am frustrated love the bike for the first 20 miles haha

hi. i have a 2002 yamaha ttr 225 starts and runs fine until it warms up. about 20 miles, then it acts like it is starving for fuel. spark is good compression is 150lbs,, carb has been cleaned and cleaned again, i have increased the jet sizes both mains and pilot. you mention open the air box, and also adding a 3/8s washer to exhaust end cap? not sure i understand.. could you explain that in more detail? thanks i am frustrated love the bike for the first 20 miles haha
Check your petcock filter and the tank vent ....get rid of that fancy looking tank vent ....