tps out of spec

I ohm'd my tps sensor on my 12 yz450f and it was out of spec. the manual says 0-2 throttle fully closed and 4-6 fully open. the closest I could get it was 3.7 fully open. I have a race this weekend and can not get one in time. my question is can I race with it like this? will it cause any damage?

I ohm'd my tps sensor on my 12 yz450f and it was out of spec. the manual says 0-2 throttle fully closed and 4-6 fully open. the closest I could get it was 3.7 fully open. I have a race this weekend and can not get one in time. my question is can I race with it like this? will it cause any damage?

i usually check for voltage at the sensor by back probing with harness connected and bike running, at idle typically the voltage would be around .5-.9 volts and never change at all when the throttle is at rest, if its out of spec, adjust the sensor untill its in range. after you set this when you open the throttle it should sweep all the way to somewhere around 4.5 volts at WOT with out any drop outs or glitches which is hard to see on a digital meter, but unless you have a graphing multimeter you do the best you can. i never understood using an ohms test when the sensor is not checked under normal operating conditions, it should be checked while its in normal use, which is connected and bike running. some times its the only way to confirm a problem. also other things to check while your there is the tps ground and reference voltage, reference voltage should be 5 volts, you can check the ground also by going from vref to tps ground at the harness connecter while motor running and harness disconnected, if all is good you should show 5 volts. also keep in mind that a misadjusted throttle cable could skew you test results.