Throttle response.

Hey Big Dan, would chopping the throttle hard to full off idle and having hesitation-dying be indicative of a rich main? I cracked the choke, and the issue worsened.

I do not have a pumper carb which is the heart of the issue, and a slight roll on and I have all the power in the world.

SRAD97750

Staff member
This lean bog is caused by the massive volume of air versus the gravity fighting the fuel through the main jet. The air wins which can stall the engine. It should be minimal with a clean, properly set up carburetor. But still noticable if you are quick with the throttle.
This is the reason they invented Accelerator pumps on carburetors.
An accelerator pump us activated by throttle cable directly, when you grab it quickly, a stream of atomized fuel is SQUIRTED into the intake, which solves the lean situation. -BIG DAN:thumb:

This lean bog is caused by the massive volume of air versus the gravity fighting the fuel through the main jet. The air wins which can stall the engine. It should be minimal with a clean, properly set up carburetor. But still noticable if you are quick with the throttle.
An accelerator pump us activated by throttle cable directly, when you grab it quickly, a stream of atomized fuel is SQUIRTED into the intake, which solves the lean situation. -BIG DAN:thumb:
:shocked: Will you adopt me Big Dan?

I jizzed