This weekend was rough on me......

Well I rode my bike 2 days and wrecked it 2 days. The first day was a little scary. We were at the local cycle park and I was bored out of my mind. I sat there checking out a hill and my wife says if you want go climb it. So I fired up the bike and took off. Well about half way up its getting rocky. I spot a path and thats where I'm going to run. Just got to weave through a few rocks no biggie. Well about 3/4 the way it gets steep. I'm starting to loose speed but still enough to make it and I kick my girl down a gear to keep her going. Its going good, I'm through half the rocks. Thats when things went south. My tire lost traction in the small rock and turned the bike a little. Thats when I launched the bike off a rock about a foot out of the ground. As the bike headed for the clouds I got out of the way. The bike came down beside me and I scrambled to stop it.

I was able to get it stopped with no issues and climbed back on. I figured heck I made it this far I may as well give her another go. So I tried another path. This time I made it about 60 feet from the top I just wasn't getting enough traction to carry us over the top so I turned out. Thats when it got ugly again. The hill side was all grass and when the bike hit that grass I may as well been on a sled in the snow. Down the hill we started sliding. Heck at one time the bike was completely on its side and we were gaining speed. Well to make a long story shorter a rock helped me stop.:foul:

My wife and daughter were literally running across the cycle part to make sure I was okay. As soon as they seen me get up and fire the bike back up they stopped and prepared there lecture.:rant:It was a lovely lecture too.

Day Two...

All was going well we were about 10 miles into the ride when we came to a corner in the road that had part of the road washed out. Well I just kinda leaned back and gave it a little throttle carrying the front tire over.....no big deal right. Well I was fine until the rear slid on an angle and I gave it some more throttle. This sent me over some big ass sage brush and I couldn't recover in fast enough. The front fork hooked a sage brush and cranked the bars. I caught on bar on the right of my chest and took the blunt of the blow on my left shoulder blade and shoulder. My helmet must have got a good blow too cause I instantly got a hell of a head ache.

Once I picked myself up and dusted off myself my kid says. "That was awesome!" :rolleyes: My riding partner is laughing so hard I thought he was going to cry. Took me a few minutes to get my air and recover but everything was good. Other then some bruses and scratches only thing that was hurt was my pride. Since all was good we fired it up and headed on down the trail.

Then we come to a nice creek crossing. I'm taking it easy seeing if Jr can cross and I hear that 450 coming.:devil: I started grabbing gears but it was too late. A wall of water came over me. Literally I had water pouring off my visor. I couldn't be mad cause I would have done the same thing. So the rest the trip was a little cool. :rant:

Today my neck is sore along with my shoulder and I don't have to tell my kid to put his gear on. :lol:

Nice RR. Sounds like one of those days. :smirk:
Well I rode my bike 2 days and wrecked it 2 days. The first day was a little scary. We were at the local cycle park and I was bored out of my mind. I sat there checking out a hill and my wife says if you want go climb it. So I fired up the bike and took off. Well about half way up its getting rocky. I spot a path and thats where I'm going to run. Just got to weave through a few rocks no biggie. Well about 3/4 the way it gets steep. I'm starting to loose speed but still enough to make it and I kick my girl down a gear to keep her going. Its going good, I'm through half the rocks. Thats when things went south. My tire lost traction in the small rock and turned the bike a little. Thats when I launched the bike off a rock about a foot out of the ground. As the bike headed for the clouds I got out of the way. The bike came down beside me and I scrambled to stop it.

I was able to get it stopped with no issues and climbed back on. I figured heck I made it this far I may as well give her another go. So I tried another path. This time I made it about 60 feet from the top I just wasn't getting enough traction to carry us over the top so I turned out. Thats when it got ugly again. The hill side was all grass and when the bike hit that grass I may as well been on a sled in the snow. Down the hill we started sliding. Heck at one time the bike was completely on its side and we were gaining speed. Well to make a long story shorter a rock helped me stop.:foul:

My wife and daughter were literally running across the cycle part to make sure I was okay. As soon as they seen me get up and fire the bike back up they stopped and prepared there lecture.:rant:It was a lovely lecture too.

Day Two...

All was going well we were about 10 miles into the ride when we came to a corner in the road that had part of the road washed out. Well I just kinda leaned back and gave it a little throttle carrying the front tire over.....no big deal right. Well I was fine until the rear slid on an angle and I gave it some more throttle. This sent me over some big ass sage brush and I couldn't recover in fast enough. The front fork hooked a sage brush and cranked the bars. I caught on bar on the right of my chest and took the blunt of the blow on my left shoulder blade and shoulder. My helmet must have got a good blow too cause I instantly got a hell of a head ache.

Once I picked myself up and dusted off myself my kid says. "That was awesome!" :rolleyes: My riding partner is laughing so hard I thought he was going to cry. Took me a few minutes to get my air and recover but everything was good. Other then some bruses and scratches only thing that was hurt was my pride. Since all was good we fired it up and headed on down the trail.

Then we come to a nice creek crossing. I'm taking it easy seeing if Jr can cross and I hear that 450 coming.:devil: I started grabbing gears but it was too late. A wall of water came over me. Literally I had water pouring off my visor. I couldn't be mad cause I would have done the same thing. So the rest the trip was a little cool. :rant:

Today my neck is sore along with my shoulder and I don't have to tell my kid to put his gear on. :lol:

Day Two...

It's not if, it's when............................. Welcome to dirt biking :thumb:

As Dan said in another thread.....these are the trips/rides that are best remembered:thumb: Even if you want to forget it:lol:

Glad your OK. It least your kid didnt follow you up that hill.

Hope your feeling better today.

As Dan said in another thread.....these are the trips/rides that are best remembered:thumb: Even if you want to forget it:lol:

Glad your OK. It least your kid didnt follow you up that hill.

Hope your feeling better today.

No I would not let him. He is no where even close to ready for that. Heck I'm not ready for it apparently....:lol::lol::lol: